PDA

View Full Version : Just Getting Started in Auto Detailing!

dgraham
06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi, I am from Northern Alberta, Canada and have decided to give the auto detailing business a shot. I enjoy the work and like the idea of being an entrepreneur. I am looking into getting some training, as the only experience I have is with my own vehicles. . I am considering `Attention to Details Ltd.` or `Detail King`. Anyone know about either of these two or have any recommendations or suggestions for me?

Thanks!

jammerz101
06-07-2011, 02:43 PM
You`ll be one of thousands of "Attention To Details" in the world... nothing unique there.

Just my humble opinion, I would use a name that incorporates your name and or your city name. For instance:

Palm City Auto Detailing would be my main business name (if not already in use of course) and then in underneath I would include

by James Jammerson

dgraham
06-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Oh, I was asking about their training programs. Both "Attention to Details Ltd" and "Detail King" offer training programs and I was wondering if they were any good. As far as a name goes, I was thinking Diamond Details.

jammerz101
06-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh, I was asking about their training programs. Both "Attention to Details Ltd" and "Detail King" offer training programs and I was wondering if they were any good. As far as a name goes, I was thinking Diamond Details.

My bad! I totally misread your post! :wall

I`m such a dork! That`s what I get from psoting on the forum while drunk! :rofl

Hopefully someone will come around and help you out much better than I have! lol

Concours.John
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I would suggest reading some of Mel Craigs posts and contacting him. He`s a member here and I really feel he wants to support those who choose this occupation and want to do all aspects right the first time.

Remember a learning curve costs you time and money

dgraham
06-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks, I will do that.

polisher
06-08-2011, 08:01 AM
expand your business to other parts of canada too eh :p

dgraham
06-09-2011, 12:28 PM
LOL, I do use that expression...go figure eh!

Expanding into other cities/provinces would be great, but I don`t want to get ahead of myself at the moment. Just trying to figure out what I need for equipment, supplies at the moment to work it into my business plan.