PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol left a haze

ernman
05-30-2011, 04:32 AM
The following information is from my wife who spoke to her sister. She was driving down the highway when a truck in front of her hit a deer. They got blood all over there car and by the time they were able to try and remove it wouldn’t wash off. Her husband used rubbing alcohol to remove the blood, now she called and said the paint has a hazy “film” on it and would like to know if I can get it out.

Since I have never ran across this before, does anyone know if the “film” will polish off?

Garry Dean
05-30-2011, 07:04 AM
It will wipe off. To be safe I would just do a traditional wash, then inspect the paint. Should be just fine though.

BobbyG
06-23-2011, 06:25 AM
What`s happening is the alcohol is evaporating very quickly redepositing the contamination and debris back to the surface. From what you`ve described just use your favorite car wash and give the finish a thorough washing then rinse..:bigups

AutopiaAdmin
06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
On softer paints and most notably on dark colors I have also seen IPA wipe down leave a light haze that wouldn`t wipe off but needed to be polished out.

Not sure if it was from the IPA or the towel that was used. Alcohol is a solvent but not the best lubricant.

Mr. Gloss
06-23-2011, 05:27 PM
This is a month old. :)

He probably has it cleaned up by now.

BobbyG
06-23-2011, 06:21 PM
This is a month old. :)

He probably has it cleaned up by now.

OH sure, spoil all my fun! :lol: :lol:

Dr Oldz
06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Sounds like an AA thread! LOL