PDA

View Full Version : Michigan/Midwest "Detail Fest" for Summer 2011?

C. Charles Hahn
05-26-2011, 09:00 PM
There has been some mention of interest in a detailing meet this summer, so I thought I`d start a thread to see if we can decide on a good time/date and location, and also see how many people would show up.

Two of the major events in Michigan for the summer, the Concours d`Elegance of America in Plymouth and the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit, are on July 31st and August 20th respectively... would organizing an event around the time of those events be preferable?

I welcome anyone`s thoughts! Depending on how many people are interested we could look into having seminars/classes from some of the pros in attendance, a car show, etc.

:rockon:drive:

mrclean81
05-26-2011, 09:18 PM
I would definatly concider it. Im in the very southern tip of Illinois, about 6 hours from Chicago, but I would at least look into coming if there was going to be a big enough turn out. I think it would be cool to have sort of a detail weekend for us folks who cant make it to the ones out east.

C. Charles Hahn
05-26-2011, 09:27 PM
I would definatly concider it. Im in the very southern tip of Illinois, about 6 hours from Chicago, but I would at least look into coming if there was going to be a big enough turn out. I think it would be cool to have sort of a detail weekend for us folks who cant make it to the ones out east.

That`s exactly what I`m thinking... seems like all the major events are in Florida, New York, or California and those of us in the midwest tend to lose out.

Mr. Gloss
05-27-2011, 06:09 AM
I`d consider it. I`m 2.5 hours from Plymouth and my son lives in Novi which means I have access to free room and board. :)

firebird
08-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Any new updates on this possible event? I`m from Chicago and would love to attend an event such as this one.