PDA

View Full Version : Hell no, a Honda Civic putting a Lambo in it`s place!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Addicted2Bling
05-23-2011, 12:10 AM
YouTube - ‪LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO VS CIVIC TURBO‬‏

Insane!!!

jjpcali4life
05-23-2011, 12:16 AM
the lambo is still cooler

Addicted2Bling
05-23-2011, 12:18 AM
It may be kooler, but it doesn`t have the balls that honda civic does!!!

jjpcali4life
05-23-2011, 12:33 AM
right, but in the end its still a civic, no matter how much money put in it. Also, driving the car is a big part of the performance, if the lambo guy sucked at driving that would allow the civic to have him.

Addicted2Bling
05-23-2011, 12:43 AM
True, but it doesn`t take a genius to put your foot on the gas and make it go!!!!

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
05-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I`d still take the Lamborghini. With all the power the civic makes, how much is that actually usable on a daily basis without breaking the law? Not to mention the reliability that is jeopardized.

That being said, as much as I`d love to rev to 9k making 500+ whp, I`d still rather have the Lambo in the Garage.

C. Charles Hahn
05-23-2011, 03:50 PM
HA! That`s funny.... but I`d still rather have a Lambo than a Civic.

Addicted2Bling
05-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Yes of course, we would all rather have a lambo, but to see a rice burner beat on of these things makes a lambo look bad!

Southern stang
05-23-2011, 09:10 PM
I love seeing Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, and supras beat up on supercars :)

Mr. Gloss
05-24-2011, 07:03 AM
It`s all insignificant.

jammerz101
05-24-2011, 07:53 AM
It`s all insignificant.

It makes people happy

Mr. Gloss
05-24-2011, 08:13 AM
It makes people happy

Sad, isn`t it?

GearHead_1
05-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Maybe it`s just me but I don`t have the same fascination in seeing this type of event. It`s simply a matter of a purpose built car going after a nice SuperCar. I guess I really believe these SuperCar`s have no business out running the 1/4, unless they`re capable of low 10`s in the first place. As has been witnessed here, nothing good comes of it. Building a Strip Monster isn`t that unusual or difficult. It`s simply a matter of money and how fast you want to go, taking in to consideration how deep your wallet is?

Years ago I built engines for a sand race team, money was not the primary concern here. We had world record holders in several classes. The decision was made to give the asphalt a try for a couple of years to add a little variety. We did fairly well here as well.

That said we had a couple of unusual machines to go along with the 640 CID Blown Alcohol BBC and SBC rails. One was a little sand sled that ran 3 Rotax engines off of Ski Doo`s. This rail could run configured to run with 1, 2, or 3 engines. When running only one engine, it ran an engine affectionately called the Yamalaris. 3 cylinder engine built to the other companies 2 cylinder machine specs, while using many of these parts (held world records in 3 classes). We also had a snow mobile set up to run on the sand (it too was a world record holder). This was an extremely fast machine. When switched to the asphalt it could run low 10`s, these were amazing machines limited only by how much cash could be thrown at them.

It just wasn`t that hard to make a machine that would run 10`s or just under. These were purpose built vehicles and have none of the mystique or benefits that the SuperCar offers. Not to be a downer here but having been on the other side I just don`t see it as particularly special. After all they were making Turboed 4 cylinder Ford Coyote engines cracking 900 horses back in the 70`s. Now in my opinion having a vehicle that can crack the 10`s and drive itself to and from the track, that`s cool! I don`t know but perhaps the Civic in this video is one these machines, maybe not.

Maybe we can get Black Bart to chime in on this conversation. He`s running a blown and Nitrous Oxide injected Corvette that had about 1200 h.p. as I remember. The thing I`m saying and what he`s accomplished is, that short of off road he can drive it anywhere he wants to go and be successful at the 1/4 mile track or over 225 m.p.h. All without trailering the car anywhere. He`s probably limited in a case like this only by fuel economy, which I believe relatively speaking, does pretty well.

jammerz101
05-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Sad, isn`t it?

People being happy doesn`t make me sad. I have too much happiness, self confidence and love of life to let something like other people`s happiness get me down.

Cars make me happy too.

jjpcali4life
05-24-2011, 09:14 AM
purposed built is right, that lambo may not win in the 1/4 but will keep going to almost 200 mph, most civics wont.