PDA

View Full Version : Motor Oil Stuck in the carpet...

Addicted2Bling
05-19-2011, 05:08 PM
This poor woman wants me to detail her car and she`s got motor oil stuck in the trunk carpet. I was thinking degreaser and hot water extraction, anyone have any experience with this?

Beemerboy
05-19-2011, 05:26 PM
This poor woman wants me to detail her car and she`s got motor oil stuck in the trunk carpet. I was thinking degreaser and hot water extraction, anyone have any experience with this?

Pull the carpet section out. Use a good APC (not 409 or Simple Green) I use PB APC..Then Shop Vac the area up best you can and use a brush to lift as much as you can. Pre-treat the area with APC at 100% and let dwell then use a stiff brush with HOT water. I get a pot of boiling water to use..soak the area and brush, then shop vac and repeat as needed.

attached are two before and afters on a car that not only had grease but years of ground in grime..The carpet when I started didn`t have a nap to it. I cleaned it using the above method.

Mr. Clean
05-19-2011, 07:41 PM
If you have access to a janitorial supply distributor, 1) apply a citrus based degreaser, 2) agitate lightly to work product into the carpet fibers 3) rinse, blot and "extract". If this doesn`t remove the stain, ask for a POG product and follow the same procedure as above.

Addicted2Bling
05-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Pull the carpet section out. Use a good APC (not 409 or Simple Green) I use PB APC..Then Shop Vac the area up best you can and use a brush to lift as much as you can. Pre-treat the area with APC at 100% and let dwell then use a stiff brush with HOT water. I get a pot of boiling water to use..soak the area and brush, then shop vac and repeat as needed.

attached are two before and afters on a car that not only had grease but years of ground in grime..The carpet when I started didn`t have a nap to it. I cleaned it using the above method.

Thanks man, I went ahead and bought a whole gallon of that APC you speak of, can`t wait to try it out;)

Beemerboy
05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks man, I went ahead and bought a whole gallon of that APC you speak of, can`t wait to try it out;)

I`ve used tons of APC`s and some years back decided to try Steve`s haven`t used any other brand since :D

Bill D
05-24-2011, 09:30 AM
I stumbled across this product (http://www.oillift.net/) and bookmarked it a while back. I`m wondering how well it actually works because it appears to be pretty revolutionary but it`s all hype in my book until I`ve read some real testimonials.

bears
05-25-2011, 04:56 PM
If you can pull the carpet out and soak it with a good greaser then pressure wash it. Back when i was a mechanic I managed to pump 21 quarts of motor oil into the floorboard of a old Porsche 911. Its not often but sometimes you just have to pull the carpet.