PDA

View Full Version : Slow Server

Pages : [1] 2

black bart
05-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Since they did away with the bugs and glitches I guess this would be the place for this.
Anyone notice how much slower this server is than before the last switch.

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
05-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Moved it to the proper section for you, we`ll check with our webmaster to see if it is indeed something on our end that needs to be tweaked. Thanks for letting us know.

Beemerboy
05-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I`m not noticing any difference

C. Charles Hahn
05-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Nothing here seems slow... but then I`m right across town from the server and on the same network trunk-line as the datacenter.

Beemerboy
05-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Nothing here seems slow... but then I`m right across town from the server and on the same network trunk-line as the datacenter.

Cheater :D:D:D:D:D

Bunky
05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
No issues here!

Pats300zx
05-13-2011, 07:11 PM
No issues here. Multiple computers and different browsers.

Setec Astronomy
05-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah, works fine for me, too.

black bart
05-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Well earlier in the week I could not load the home page my computer said it could not find it and the same thing happened last night.

This morning it loads ok so I think it is a problem with a network server.
I had this problem about 2 years ago and when I ran a tracer I found the problem was a router in Chicago I could not get through it.

Setec Astronomy
05-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Oh...yes, I have had a couple of times at a different location where it gave me a 404 error and I refreshed and then it worked.

Mr. Gloss
05-14-2011, 06:03 AM
This morning the bookmark sent me to yahoo search, with Autopia.org at the top of the suggestion list.

After two bookmark tries, it connected to here.

That happens often, and on 3 different computers, from 3 different ISP locations.

Setec Astronomy
05-14-2011, 06:23 AM
This morning the bookmark sent me to yahoo search, with Autopia.org at the top of the suggestion list.

After two bookmark tries, it connected to here.

That happens often, and on 3 different computers, from 3 different ISP locations.

Yes, that`s what happens to me, not "often", and not on my home computer, but it happens. Sorry, "slow server" meant something else to me which is why I answered differently before.

Bunky
05-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Still working fine for me this am.

black bart
05-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Refresh does not help me.
When I checked my e mail and found your reply I clicked on the link to take me to this site but it locked my computer and I had to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open task manager and tell it to end task.

The when I clicked on my home page it took several minutes to load.
I do not have a problem with any site other than this one so it is not my computer.

It may be a router in the internet system but whatever it is sure is hard to post here.
I been trying for several minutes to post this.
I can not get this site to move so I guess I`ll lay low for awhile and see if it gets fixed.

jammerz101
05-14-2011, 07:02 AM
I`ve tried to replicate the problems the others are having but site works great and fast from both my home and work computers and my smart phone.

I tend to believe there has to be some level of user error involved sometimes or at least internet connectivity issues at the local level.

A bookmark sending a user to Yahoo search results? :wall