PDA

View Full Version : How to clean rag topp?

DSPlati
05-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know what to use to clean a convertible top on a corvette? It is the tan color and not to sure what to use exactly. help!!

AutopiaTech
05-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Ideally you want to use a pH balanced cleaner that`s not going to stain, discolor, or dry out the convertible top. Raggtop Convertible Top Care makes a fabric/vinyl convertible top cleaner that`s safe on all convertible tops, but it`s also very effective. To make cleaning easier, agitate using a soft bristle brush.

Once the convertible top is clean, protect it with a Raggtop Protectant to keep the top looking new and protected.

Raggtop Convertible Top Care (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/raggtopp.html)

Beemerboy
05-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I am assuming you are talking about material. The way that I clean my customers rag tops is start with a very soft plastic brush or boars hair. If you use a plastic brush its something like a finger nail brush (that soft) The product that you want to get online is Ragg Topp as suggested. They have a cleaner and protectant.

The process, working with on a cool surface, get the top wet and spray on the cleaner, let dwell for a minute to work in. Then with your brush gently work that into the surface. Since yours is tan there should be a dramatic difference in the cleaned areas. There is a lot of embed dirt in the material. finish up the top re-working areas as needed. Rinse real good and dry off with a good waffle weave micro towel. Once the top is completely dry I use my shop vac with a brush attachment, to lift any debris that are still in the material. One of my customers has a car that sleeps on the top. So the brush attachment lifts the loose hair that didn`t wash out and anything else that is stuck in the material. Then spray on the protection. For good coverage I spray in one direction then go back over in the opposite direction.

Hope this helps....Is your back window plastic?

DSPlati
05-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Awesome, I will check out and order from Ragg top.

jammerz101
05-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know what to use to clean a convertible top on a corvette? It is the tan color and not to sure what to use exactly. help!!

One thing that I learned from the chat night when Rick from Raggtopp was here is that the top manufacturers only recommend using a cleaner when absolutely necessary. For just light dirt or grime clean with a mild car wash soap and save the designated convertible top cleaner for when a mild soap just isn`t enough and there is stains or set in grime.

Bodezafa
05-27-2011, 09:20 AM
I used meguires Meguiars Convertible Top Cleaner (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/meguiars-convertible-cleaner.html) on my tan vinyl top and it worked great. I went over it twice with a stiff brush and now it looks new.

BobW
06-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Awesome, I will check out and order from Ragg top.

10/4 on the RaggTop. Works great. I had a VW convertible with a black canvas top and used the RT cleaner and fabric protectant. When I finished applying, the top would bead water and "look" it was brand new.

:cool: