PDA

View Full Version : blue window tint

Rescue55
05-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Im looking for a tinting place here in california. I want to put a shade of blue window tint (http://www.stylintrucks.com/category/exterior/window_tint.aspx) to my Mercedes. Its blue sort of but not that reflective.

AutopiaTech
05-12-2011, 08:22 AM
I would suggest contacting your local auto parts store, as they may be able to point you in the right direction. You might also be able to find a shop in your area if you search Google and include your zip code in the search.

Keep in mind, once the windows are tinted, you don`t want to use just any glass cleaner to clean them. Use a glass cleaner that`s safe on automotive tint, such as Stoner`s Invisible Glass, Diamondite Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner, and Detailer`s Pro Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner.

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
05-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Keep in mind, once the windows are tinted, you don`t want to use just any glass cleaner to clean them. Use a glass cleaner that`s safe on automotive tint, such as Stoner`s Invisible Glass, Diamondite Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner, and Detailer`s Pro Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner.

He`s 100% correct there. Some popular OTC glass cleaners on the market contain ammonia, that`s something you want to avoid. It can discolor and weaken the film, and will cause it to peel. Ammonia is typically used to aid in the removal process of window tint.

Just something to look out for once you find a reputable window tinting company. They should reiterate this info after the installation as well.

IbisA4
05-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Im looking for a tinting place here in california. I want to put a shade of blue window tint to my Mercedes. Its blue sort of but not that reflective.

Where in California are you located?

Beemerboy
05-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Where in California are you located?

My question as well. Here in Sonoma County I can think of two very good shops.