PDA

View Full Version : CG microfiber towels.

68bowtie
05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I was looking at the cg`s microfiber towels and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I`m looking at the yellow ones they have on sale today for $13 for 6 of them.
thanks

Pats300zx
05-02-2011, 05:47 PM
I have used the Monster MF towels (blue) and they are pretty good. I have tried a similar MF towel that is yellow and black from another manufacturer and it is a good towel.

Bunky
05-03-2011, 07:02 AM
I was looking at the cg`s microfiber towels and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I`m looking at the yellow ones they have on sale today for $13 for 6 of them.
thanks

I have never used them but they seem to change what they sell alot so if you like something you need to stock up.

I guess you never got an answer on CG`s forum.:innocent:

deathtoblackcar
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
for that price, i would go to costco and buy a 30 pack of there yellow microfibers. For 30 of them i think they run about $11.

Pockets
05-03-2011, 01:58 PM
for that price, i would go to costco and buy a 30 pack of there yellow microfibers. For 30 of them i think they run about $11.

Totally different breed of towels we are talking about high quality micros like our DMT`s and other manufactures

GearHead_1
05-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Totally different breed of towels we are talking about high quality micros like our DMT`s and other manufactures

Agreed, we`re talking the difference between the Pee Wee league and the Majors. That said, the yellow bulk packs are great for door jams and fender wells etc. Everything has a place.

MrCLRider
05-03-2011, 05:37 PM
The CG towels that are yellow with the black banding are great towels! I love them for QD, polish removal, and spray wax application. I probably have 18 of them right now and wouldn`t hesitate to buy more.

Pockets
05-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Agreed, we`re talking the difference between the Pee Wee league and the Majors. That said, the yellow bulk packs are great for door jams and fender wells etc. Everything has a place.

Yes, this is a great use for them as well as old micros. Rims during a waterless wash bring up a good use also

DSPlati
05-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Im not trying to brag here but, I just used a new mf towel from Meguiars called the ulimate wipe and it works really well, for 3 it ran about $8 for a dozen its like $27. I was able to cut my drying time in half with this towel and it leaves it streak free and shiney. The only reason why I use Meg products is because there is a distributor right around the corner from me.

MrCLRider
05-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Im not trying to brag here but, I just used a new mf towel from Meguiars called the ulimate wipe and it works really well, for 3 it ran about $8 for a dozen its like $27. I was able to cut my drying time in half with this towel and it leaves it streak free and shiney. The only reason why I use Meg products is because there is a distributor right around the corner from me.

How many of those little towels did you use?? That is an interesting purpose for using them. I tend to use them to wipe off wax residue, or depending on the polish I`m using I use it then too.

Mr. Gloss
05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
After a wash, rinse and sheet rinse, my drying time is only about 4 minutes. How long does it take you to dry?

Bunky
05-04-2011, 04:19 PM
After a wash, rinse and sheet rinse, my drying time is only about 4 minutes. How long does it take you to dry?

Wow...It takes me a lot longer even when I used my Master Blaster. It takes me 4 min to do the jambs.

Mr. Gloss
05-04-2011, 05:55 PM
The jambs on my cars are sealed with rubber gaskets on the doors when closed. They don`t get wet during a wash.