PDA

View Full Version : DP Poli-Coat Review

wendell jarvis
04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Detailer’s Pro Series Poli-Coat Paint Sealant sticks so dirt won’t!

What good is paint protection that doesn’t stick? If your vehicle’s paint is going to withstand the elements, your paint sealant will have to as well. Detailer’s Pro Series Poli-Coat Paint Sealant is formulated to outlast and outperform other paint sealants with a revolutionary self-prepping formula. The sealant contains a bonding agent that maximizes the longevity and durability of the polymers. In just one step, Detailer’s Pro Series Poli-Coat Paint Sealant forms a tough polymer coating with true staying power.

Detailer’s Pro Series Poli-Coat Paint Sealant sticks so dirt won’t! The clear, slick finish reduces surface tension so dirt and dust slide off. Day after day, your vehicle’s paint will stay cleaner. When it’s time to wash, cleaning the protected paint is easier because contaminants cannot get a firm hold on the paint. Gentle washing with a mild auto shampoo will keep your vehicle looking just-detailed.

This is a car that is on one of my maintance plans:
Plan: Review DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant

Machine Application:

If your vehicle hasn’t been clayed before, use DP Universal Detailing Clay to remove any embedded contaminants from the paint.
Apply DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant using a foam finishing pad on your dual action polisher. Apply the wax in a 2-3 square foot area in a very thin, even coat.
Once the wax has dried to a light haze, buff the area with a clean Cobra Microfiber Towel.
Continue working section by section until the entire vehicle is protected.
After applying and completly dried, My findings:
Easy and smooth application, pleasant smell, a little goes a long way. very afforadable 16 oz. $19.99
Durability: This is unknown at this point, first time user
Overall : This seems to be a great sealant,very affordable, so if you own a Detailing Business this would be a great go to Sealant.
Below is the end results of DP-Poli Coat after curing 6-8 hours.

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/wjarvis_photo/Toyota%20Solara/Toyotasidegreat.jpg
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/wjarvis_photo/Toyota%20Solara/toyotarearangle.jpg
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/wjarvis_photo/Toyota%20Solara/ToyotaSolara2.jpg

Thanks Mayor John and Detail City..............

TroyScherer
04-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Nice, review Wendell I look forward to seeing how the durability on this is.

I do have a couple of questions.
- What is the current consistency of Poli-Coat. I had received a sample about 6 months back and the consistency was thick almost more comparable to say Wheel Wax.
- How was it to buff off? My sample was very hard to buff off once it had hazed over. :wall

wendell jarvis
04-03-2011, 07:30 PM

- What is the current consistency of Poli-Coat. I had received a sample about 6 months back and the consistency was thick almost more comparable to say Wheel Wax.
- How was it to buff off? My sample was very hard to buff off once it had hazed over. :wall

Troy, I am not sure if the new DP Products got a complete overhauling ( New Formulas) or not, I experince with it was the sealant was very thin and milky ,applied easily and wiped off easier than any other sealant I have used (and I have used allot of sealants) durability is always my main concern when it comes to a sealant...I have heard from others than it generally will last a couple of months. I was fairly pleased with it,especially with the price.

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
04-04-2011, 08:24 AM
There it is! :yay

Thanks for the review, Wendell! The car looks great. Let us know how the durability holds up as I`m confident it will be there for quite some time. :bigups

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
04-04-2011, 08:24 AM

- How was it to buff off? My sample was very hard to buff off once it had hazed over.

Troy,
One of the first batches of the Poli-Coat when it was branded as DP did seem almost like cottage cheese. That was fixed quickly and since then the product has never had any problems. The consistency now should be more like a creamy lotion, as most sealants are. It`s has remained one of my favorite sealants for nearly a year.

wendell jarvis
04-04-2011, 08:30 AM
There it is! :yay

Thanks for the review, Wendell! The car looks great. Let us know how the durability holds up as I`m confident it will be there for quite some time. :bigups

Thanks John, I think this will be my go to Sealant on my customers cars, so easy to apply and just as easy to wipe off.....I am loving it so far.

sal329
04-06-2011, 07:46 AM
I have used this before as well and it sure is a great product.

sullysdetailing
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Troy,
One of the first batches of the Poli-Coat when it was branded as DP did seem almost like cottage cheese. That was fixed quickly and since then the product has never had any problems. The consistency now should be more like a creamy lotion, as most sealants are. It`s has remained one of my favorite sealants for nearly a year.

I still have some of the thick stuff lol. It still works great IMO

TroyScherer
04-09-2011, 07:45 AM
The sample I had worked well but is was a pain to buff off when compared to Menz Power Lock. I might have to give it another try since I an starting to run low on MPL.

rwisejr
04-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Definitely a solid performer. I use for a lot of DD jobs.

Pats300zx
04-10-2011, 08:45 AM
The sample I got was also like a cottage cheese consistency. I ended up throwing out the sample cause I thought it went bad. Looking forward to trying the improved version.