PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Black Java Paint

BlkRange
03-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi fellas,

Need a little help, I have not received my PC yet, but just noticed this scratch on the car yesterday. Is there anyway I can get this off by hand?

I drag my finger nail across and it doesn`t catch on the scratch so its not deep at all.

Thanks in advance!

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/qoo527/P1030185.jpg

holland_patrick
03-21-2011, 12:26 PM
It looks deep to me but who knows ...

what are you using to get it off by hand?

I`d wait till i got a pc

SeaJays
03-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Do you have any cutting pads available to you? compounds? You can probably put a pretty good dent in it if you have a cutting pad and some compounds like M105 or Megs UC. It`s going to be some what time consuming. Honestly, I`d just wait for your PC to come in. You PC will make quick work of it.

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
03-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Looks like a surface scuff that should be taken care of with the PC. What chemicals/pads do you have in your arsenal?

RTexasF
03-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Judging by all of the other marks around it I`d say it`s not worth the effort. Wait until you get your PC & supplies then go for it......all of it.

Concours.John
03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
I`ve noticed on LR`s if the clear isn`t protected well a fingernail scratch looks like it was keyed.
I use my Disco in places above no roads (release from detail ocd). The screeches and howls of honeysuckle going down the side would make most cringe.
The marks look quite bad but clean up.
Wait for your PC. It will be your new friend. Let us know how it turns out.