PDA

View Full Version : I am not a happy camper with OPT metal polish (new formula)

Pages : [1] 2

Garry Dean
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
I used the new formula for the 3rd time today with the same results every time. I end up using the original formula to do the job right. The original is easier to work with IMO and leaves a dramatically better shine. I am upset that Dr.G ditched the old formula for this! I will be stocking up on the original formula!

Sorry no pics.

C. Charles Hahn
03-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Garry, just curious in what respect the original is "easier to work with" than the new stuff?

Garry Dean
03-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Garry, just curious in what respect the original is "easier to work with" than the new stuff?

The new formula may be slightly easier to work with, but the original wasnt a pain to work with so no real improvement IMO.

Skipping all of the little stuff, what really sticks about the new formula is that it doesnt finish as well. You can work the original longer before it flashes and it leaves a dramatically better shine.

I will try to get some pics today.

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
03-16-2011, 12:16 PM
The new formula may be slightly easier to work with, but the original wasnt a pain to work with so no real improvement IMO.

Skipping all of the little stuff, what really sticks about the new formula is that it doesnt finish as well. You can work the original longer before it flashes and it leaves a dramatically better shine.

I will try to get some pics today.

That`s unfortuante that you`re not satisfied with the new formula. I don`t have much personal insight but I have generally heard good things about the new formula.

I`ve asked Chris to chime in as he may be able to address this for you.

Chris@Optimum
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi Premium

Im sorry to hear of your disappointment. The new metal polish should cut faster and finish better than the original. The new is thinner and was created so that you can get similar results by hand that you would normally get only by machine. If you have shaken it well and used it on a couple of surfaces with a couple different applicators to eliminate variants, feel free to PM me for a replacement or a refund pending the return of the unused portion.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Garry Dean
03-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi Premium

Im sorry to hear of your disappointment. The new metal polish should cut faster and finish better than the original. The new is thinner and was created so that you can get similar results by hand that you would normally get only by machine. If you have shaken it well and used it on a couple of surfaces with a couple different applicators to eliminate variants, feel free to PM me for a replacement or a refund pending the return of the unused portion.

Thats a sweet return policy! I do appreciate it. I am trying to understand why/how it is better than the original, but I cannot. I used it again today side by side, new vs old, and the old worked fast and left a brilliant shine. The new did work fast and shine, but there was definately a noticeable difference between the two. It is a shame.

Garry

Chris@Optimum
03-17-2011, 12:50 AM
It`s hard to explain without being there to see it what`s going on. Honestly yours is the first review I`ve heard of with these results an I`d like to get that bottle back to the lab to investigate. Mine works better/faster than the original and I have used it on chrome, alum wheels, and exhaust tips. Mine separates after a couple days and if left alone it will look half and half, but always goes back together pretty easy when I shake it. Lots of products separate and require shaking so if you guys think it`s bad if it separates, that is not the case. Dr G is using different lubricants and carriers for the sprayables and new releases that are a little different from traditional products. If you aren`t getting good results just contact me for a replacement or refund...but if your product is just separated, shake well before use.

Garry Dean
03-17-2011, 07:20 AM
It`s hard to explain without being there to see it what`s going on. Honestly yours is the first review I`ve heard of with these results an I`d like to get that bottle back to the lab to investigate. Mine works better/faster than the original and I have used it on chrome, alum wheels, and exhaust tips. Mine separates after a couple days and if left alone it will look half and half, but always goes back together pretty easy when I shake it. Lots of products separate and require shaking so if you guys think it`s bad if it separates, that is not the case. Dr G is using different lubricants and carriers for the sprayables and new releases that are a little different from traditional products. If you aren`t getting good results just contact me for a replacement or refund...but if your product is just separated, shake well before use.

I definately shake every product before I use them. I am going to try to get some pics today when I try it again. All I am getting at is that I think the original version is better. If todays testing doesnt yield better that previous results I will contact you so you can test it yourself. Thanks Chris!

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
03-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Great example of some fine customer service. That`s what I like to see. Thanks for chiming in here Chris:bigups

Chris@Optimum
03-17-2011, 10:39 PM
You`re quite welcome. Don`t hesitate to contact me.

dirtbustersmd
04-12-2011, 04:08 PM
so, what are the final results?

Garry Dean
04-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I need to get you all some side by side pics. Im still leaning towards the old formula.

jammerz101
04-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Let`s see the pics and even a video!

Pats300zx
04-13-2011, 01:45 PM
I really want to try the new formula. Optimum Metal Polish is one of the best metal polishes I have used. I have a lot of polished metal on my Z`s and Nova and I have used just about everything out there. OPT Metal is the best so far.

Chris@Optimum
04-13-2011, 11:24 PM
I really want to try the new formula. Optimum Metal Polish is one of the best metal polishes I have used. I have a lot of polished metal on my Z`s and Nova and I have used just about everything out there. OPT Metal is the best so far.

Pat I`d send you some for a review, but you`d never get around to trying it (*poking the bear gently,lol). BTW I`m looking at a couple of 350z`s...almost ready to pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk