PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Bissel LGM?

Andrew C.
03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I have a Bissel LGM that is the Pro-Heat version. I was wondering for those of you that have it, what is your process that you use to clean carpets?

I typically spray the carpets with APC+ 4:1, then agitate with a brush, then use clean hot water via the LGM to extract the APC+

Anyone have any methods that really clean the carpets well?

JaredPointer
03-02-2011, 09:16 PM
I`ve debated for years whether or not to get a LGM. I suppose the carpets I routinely have to clean are not much more than spot clean items, where Folex and a brush/cloth will do the trick.

Would be nice to see some photos/results posted up here.

mrclean81
03-02-2011, 10:40 PM
If I could ever get my photo bucket account to work I would post pics of what they can do. I`ve said this in other posts, its all about the solution with those machines. Personally, I don`t think they can be beat for the price. The ONLY downfalls to these machines is they have small tanks and not as much lift as a big extractor, but for the price I can afford to spend 5 extra minutes going back over the carpet with a shop vac. If you want to see a couple before and after pics of their capabilities, I have some on my Facebook page.
Flannell`s Pro Detail | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/flannellsprodetail) (this is not a shameless plug lol)

Andrew C.
03-03-2011, 02:12 AM
If I could ever get my photo bucket account to work I would post pics of what they can do. I`ve said this in other posts, its all about the solution with those machines. Personally, I don`t think they can be beat for the price. The ONLY downfalls to these machines is they have small tanks and not as much lift as a big extractor, but for the price I can afford to spend 5 extra minutes going back over the carpet with a shop vac. If you want to see a couple before and after pics of their capabilities, I have some on my Facebook page.
Flannell`s Pro Detail | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/flannellsprodetail) (this is not a shameless plug lol)

What Solution Do You Use?

black bart
03-03-2011, 04:27 AM
I bought the LGM but I returned it and got a much larger one.
I use it to clean the carpets in the house.
It has a long hose that you use for furniture or carpet in a car.

The bigger machine has more suction and larger tank can do more than just spot cleaning without filling the tank.

RTexasF
03-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Using the heated LGM with supplied cleaner & a pre-treat of Folex. This was four year old carpet (mine, sad to say) and one swipe. You can plainly see the mat has had it, this was an experiment to see how well the machine worked. I still have the LGM and still use it.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/fgf001/Littlegreen002.jpg

It worked well for me....still does.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/fgf001/Littlegreen003.jpg

I doubt it would hold up well for daily commercial use but for someone wanting to keep their car(s) looking good I can recommend it.

mrclean81
03-03-2011, 08:23 AM
What Solution Do You Use?

I personally use Superior Products "Zap It". Its the best carpet and fabric cleaner Ive ever used. Its also the only product of theirs I really like lol. There are plenty of good products out there but I can buy Zap It by the 5 gallon jug from my route salesman for around $40.00..their website is MUCH higher.

Big Leegr
03-03-2011, 08:50 AM
There are plenty of good products out there but I can buy Zap It by the 5 gallon jug from my route salesman for around $40.00..their website is MUCH higher.

Holy smokes!! $150 on their site!! That`s a fairly... aggressive mark up, isn`t it? :wow:

mrclean81
03-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Holy smokes!! $150 on their site!! That`s a fairly... aggressive mark up, isn`t it? :wow:

That`s what I thought too. Everything on their site is 3 or 4 times higher than what its sold for on the truck.

Beemerboy
03-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I had an LGM for years, wore it out or the lift stopped working. The only thing I didn`t care for was. The hose is really short so working inside the car was difficult at times. Recovery and solution tanks are small, so yo are re-filling or emptying a lot on larger jobs. The one that I am looking at now mainly for the house (pet stains and spills) is made by Red Devil.

mi77915
03-03-2011, 12:03 PM
I have used one of these machines for a few years now to do light work on my car to keep the carpets clean and have had pretty good results. It is not a professional unit, but I works well for the price.