PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Guides

Bunky
03-01-2011, 07:15 PM
It looks like DC has basically resurrected the content (like the detail guides) from Autopia.org prior to its sell by DavidB.

Back in 2007 or so, Autopia.org had much more thorough guides and despite product placements of autopia products they were useful. It would be nice if these could be updated and restored.

BTW, the autopia.org owners seem upset at some here for calling this autopia and reviving some of the theme.

Beemerboy
03-02-2011, 10:05 AM
It looks like DC has basically resurrected the content (like the detail guides) from Autopia.org prior to its sell by DavidB.

Back in 2007 or so, Autopia.org had much more thorough guides and despite product placements of autopia products they were useful. It would be nice if these could be updated and restored.

BTW, the autopia.org owners seem upset at some here for calling this autopia and reviving some of the theme.

I have a detail guide on PDF (I think its PDF) was done by a Honda owner and quite comprehensive. Its not something that I will post here, since I didn`t write

On your BTW and Autopia comment. I could see that one coming a mile off!:rofl

Jngrbrdman
03-02-2011, 11:19 AM
I`ve pieced together a more updated guide of my own that I`ve got posted around. OCDetails Guide To Detailing (http://guidetodetailing.blogspot.com) is where I`ve got the whole thing posted until I clean it up and add the final detailing section to it and post it on my new site.

The thing about detailing guides is that there are a million different ways to do it. There was one really awesome one for S2000 owners which was posted several years ago which was my inspiration for what I wrote way back when. I haven`t seen too many that are as comprehensive as Bynon`s was, but it would be nice to see it updated with more current processes and tools.

A solid process guide is what we really need. My belief is that you can get results from just about any product, but process and tools are what most people need the most help with. My guide was more of a review of a particular set of products which is easily obtained for people looking for a recommendation, but one could write a guide like that using any product line. I would probably write the same thing if someone came to me and wanted to sponsor the guide with their products, but it is the process that really matters the most.

Beemerboy
03-02-2011, 11:30 AM
The one that I have is the Honda 2000 one..Very well written.

Bunky
03-02-2011, 02:59 PM
I had saved the Honda one. The DavidB was a self-running program. I just thought it would add value since not many forums have a well integrated detailing guide. In many, you have to navigate stickies or click on a number of videos.

The Adam`s series is one of the better series in terms of format although I do not agree on some of the actual procedures or opinions expressed in them.