PDA

View Full Version : Poli-Seal seperation

Pages : [1] 2

termigator
02-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I have a 32 oz. container of Poli-Seal I bought last year. I used it several times, but then left it alone in my cabinet until now. I was going to use it on my cousin`s ride today, but the the product mix has separated and after extended vigorous shaking, it`s remains separated. Has this happened to anyone else?

tuscarora dave
02-27-2011, 03:03 PM
I`ve read quite a few threads where this happened with poli-seal. I received a sample of Poli-Seal from BigAl3 not too long ago and so far it`s still good to go.

termigator
02-27-2011, 03:06 PM
In light of what happened, I`m glad I didn`t buy any optimum products from AG`s recent BOGO.;)

JaredPointer
02-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Mayb the guys at Optimum would swap it out?

Scott P
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
I had it happen as well. I think it was the heat.

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
02-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Chemical separation with many products out there is a normal occurrence. Perhaps Chris or David came chime in if this is more common with a product like Poli-Seal.

My first thought would to spend a minute or so shaking it up pretty vigorously.

termigator
02-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Chemical separation with many products out there is a normal occurrence. Perhaps Chris or David came chime in if this is more common with a product like Poli-Seal.

My first thought would to spend a minute or so shaking it up pretty vigorously.

Believe me, I`ve spent more than a minute shaking it vigorously. Believe it or not, this is actually the first time this has happened to me on any sealant. I`ve had separation on sealants before, but they`ve always mixed back up again.

Chris@Optimum
02-27-2011, 06:55 PM
If you`ve tried shaking and transferring it to another container to shake and it still won`t go back together, you can return it and Optimum will replace the unused portion. PM me for the contact info and address if you need to do a return.

termigator
02-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Thank you Chris. Exceptional customer service is not always expected, but always greatly appreciated!:bigups

Chris@Optimum
02-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Thank you Chris. Exceptional customer service is not always expected, but always greatly appreciated!:bigups

I`m glad to help. I`m also glad I cruise the forums daily or we`d never know about your troubles.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
02-28-2011, 09:20 AM
I`m glad to help. I`m also glad I cruise the forums daily or we`d never know about your troubles.

Thanks for chiming in here, Chris. :bigups

Chris@Optimum
02-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks for chiming in here, Chris. :bigups

No trouble at all.

doctordon
02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I had precisely the same thing happen with Optimum Compound II and Optimum Polish II. Unfortunately, I threw the bad product in the trash. Great product - short shelve life, a little over one year.

Chris@Optimum
02-28-2011, 08:10 PM
I had precisely the same thing happen with Optimum Compound II and Optimum Polish II. Unfortunately, I threw the bad product in the trash. Great product - short shelve life, a little over one year.

They generally do NOT have a short shelf life. I have a bottle of Polish II that`s 3 years old and its still fine. I can`t seem to bring myself to use it up now that I have the Hyper Polish. I like a good price as good as the next guy, but I try not to buy more product than I will use in a year. We offer all of our lineup in small sizes for sampling and for those who may only do their personal vehicles. Polish II, Compound II, and PoliSeal all come in an 8oz size and the Hyper Sprays come in 18oz.

Be sure to always contact us rather than just tossing them out. I may not always be able to help, but I will certainly do all I can for our customers.

Chris

termigator
02-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Actually, that`s the biggest problem I have. Way too much product for too few cars. I just can`t help it every time someplace like Autogeek has a sale. I have two 32 oz. bottles and a 16 oz. bottle of PO160fa and two 32 oz. M205. Yet, when Autogeek had Optimum Polish II on BOGO, I was about to pull the trigger because the deal seemed too good to pass up. Luckily, they ran out!;)