PDA

View Full Version : New Mayor In Town!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
02-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Well isn’t this a dream come true?

Hello everyone! I’m John Florey, the new “Mayor” of Autopia Car Care. I can’t express enough how excited I am to be apart of this. Car care has been always passion of mine, and to stand behind a website with such a rich history like Autopia Car Care, is such a brilliant opportunity.

The overall goal here is to provide you (members, customers) with an unmatched level of customer service, technical advice, and a website that is easy to navigate and order top of the line products from with no hassle. I’m completely confident that I will be able to provide this for all of you, hands down. The potential here is endless, and with PBMA’s acquisition, we’re able to tap into that potential and make Autopia Car Care better than it’s ever been.

PBMA already has such great impact on the car care industry, and we’re excited to be under that umbrella. Being able to utilize the corporation’s strengths will allow us to grow as an individual company.

I’m really looking forward to this and meeting all of you.

-John

Poorboy
02-23-2011, 03:10 PM
:welcome:

Ronkh
02-23-2011, 03:10 PM
:welcome:

GearHead_1
02-23-2011, 03:17 PM
John, welcome to The City!

JaredPointer
02-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Wow - I hate to say it, but I am not at all enthused or excited about this change. :(

AutopiaAdmin
02-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Wow - I hate to say it, but I am not at all enthused or excited about this change. :(

So many upgrades and improvements needed to be done and I personally did not have the resources or the time to do what it takes to run a successful forum.

With this new partnership, the forum will keep getting better.

JaredPointer
02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
With this new partnership, the forum will keep getting better.

I hope so.

Along with upgrades and improvements, I hope that we can still keep an open floor for discussion of products that are NOT sold and promoted by PBMA, Autogeek, or autopia carcare and that the censorship level does not reach that of other forums I used to frequent to the point of removing posts and the like.

And let us not just toss out the old hats who supported the forum as it was by sponsorship and by willingness to help and discuss at all hours of the day & night.

I know the majority of folks post at various detailing sites, but those of us that choose to stay primarily at this site do so for a reason.

My .02 (for the current moment).

Mr. Clean
02-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Welcome to Detail City John. I am looking forward to seeing this community continue to move forward in a postive manner. As you have read we have a proud group of residents who have a sense of "ownership" and community in Detail City.

We all will read with interest any and all proprosed improvements/enhancements to this place many of us call "home". :bigups

C. Charles Hahn
02-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Welcome aboard, John! :welcome:

mrclean81
02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
I hope so.

Along with upgrades and improvements, I hope that we can still keep an open floor for discussion of products that are NOT sold and promoted by PBMA, Autogeek, or autopia carcare and that the censorship level does not reach that of other forums I used to frequent to the point of removing posts and the like.

And let us not just toss out the old hats who supported the forum as it was by sponsorship and by willingness to help and discuss at all hours of the day & night.

I know the majority of folks post at various detailing sites, but those of us that choose to stay primarily at this site do so for a reason.

I agree with you 100%

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
I hope so.

Hey Jared! Glad you pointed this out.

I won`t be moderating product discussion. You`re all entitled to voice your opinion with anything car care related. We`re all here for the same reason!:D

In the spirit of Autopia, please feel to talk about products you like. We want everyone to continue to feel comfortable in an open forum setting without feeling censored about car care related products. I was excited to be apart of this since this is such an awesome place. No way do I want to try and fix something that isn`t broken, I just want to make it better!

As long as everyone abides by the general forum rules, I don`t foresee anyone having trouble adjusting to the new layout. As long as we stick to them, anything goes!!

Just want to clarify, this is all under the umbrella of Palm Beach Motoring Accessories. Detail City will be running as a separate entity, and will only grow from here. Think of it as Hendrick Motorsports obtaining a new driver.;)

David Fermani
02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Interesting news. Will the site address stay the same or will it change/merge to reflect Autopia Car Care some way?

Beemerboy
02-23-2011, 04:44 PM

I hope so.

I agree JP on all levels. I`ll be watching this one from afar. :(

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Interesting news. Will the site address stay the same or will it change/merge to reflect Autopia Car Care some way?

Hey David! Thanks for stopping by.

I gotta tell you though, we just flipped the switch. Right now anything is possible, but I`m definitely anxious to see what the future brings. (Gives you more of a reason to keep stopping by :D)

Beercan31
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
just as long as its not the Busch boys at the wheel we have a fighting chance..

most people don`t like "change" but if you have been doing your home work you would have also noticed that this site "Detailcity.com" has fallen off the radar on the search engines, this is a direct reflect on informative posts and activity regarding detailing. there was a time where we were all a tight knit dysfunctional family regardless of what product line one chose, it was process not product that got DC to the respected level we remember and product sponsors that backed the site... that i hope this will show up again.