PDA

View Full Version : The greatness of the Super Bowl

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Clean
02-06-2011, 01:55 PM
may end with the game itself, but getting to the game is high on my list as a football fan! All the pre-game shows are really enjoyable. Just finished Inside the Rings w/ T. Aikman, J. Bettis, D. Brees and K. Warner. Very interesting inside perspectives. Pulling back the curtain so to speak. Not throwing it wide open but giving you enough of a peek behind to be enjoyable. Bring on the next 5 hours of shows!

Beemerboy
02-06-2011, 02:16 PM
It feel like Christmas...LOL I enjoy the pre-game hype as well...we are headed for a buddies house a few blocks away..I`ve got the wings, bread shrimp and beef hot pocket things...got them all at Costco...then a few bottles of Sonoma grape juice and its PARTY TIME!

Mr. Clean
02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Ha! You mentioned snacks, Mrs. Clean pulls out the Super Bowl snacks...she is a GREAT football wife, always with football day snacks. But as the season progresses she throws in little upgrades here and there.

Beemerboy
02-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Ha! You mentioned snacks, Mrs. Clean pulls out the Super Bowl snacks...she is a GREAT football wife, always with football day snacks. But as the season progresses she throws in little upgrades here and there.

I do all the snacks here...got to make a store run here shortly

Mr. Clean
02-06-2011, 04:02 PM
We had made a quick run Thursday night and then Friday came the snows. Yesterday the sun came out and we made the final run. She got us started yesterday evening and has been in the kitchen all morning putting the dips together and breakfast tacos to start the morning. We`ll be putting the chicken in the oven for lunch and dinner. Wings and two different roasted chickens.

Mr. Clean
02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
OK, my first criticism...:redface: (let`s just say the first criticism on this forum...I`ve been grinchin` about it since it was announced) HOW IN THE WORLD does Dallas get the Super Bowl and the best we can do for halftime performers...lamer than lame Black-Eyed Peas. Love to eat `em hate to hear/see `em :mad:

Maroon Five? PLEASE!!! This is just embarrassing! :mad:

Beemerboy
02-06-2011, 04:34 PM
OK, my first criticism...:redface: (let`s just say the first criticism on this forum...I`ve been grinchin` about it since it was announced) HOW IN THE WORLD does Dallas get the Super Bowl and the best we can do for halftime performers...lamer than lame Black-Eyed Peas. Love to eat `em hate to hear/see `em :mad:

Maroon Five? PLEASE!!! This is just embarrassing! :mad:

I think they got it based on that new stadium...and on the half time, Janet Jackson was busy..:rofl

GearHead_1
02-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Ha! You mentioned snacks, Mrs. Clean pulls out the Super Bowl snacks...she is a GREAT football wife, always with football day snacks. But as the season progresses she throws in little upgrades here and there.Ahhh... don`t knock on Mr. Clean`s door during halftime. :D

Beemerboy
02-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Ahhh... don`t knock on Mr. Clean`s door during halftime. :D

If this house is rocking don`t bother knocking :rofl:rofl:rofl

Mr. Clean
02-06-2011, 06:29 PM
:D And people who don`t know me wonder why I walk around with a smile on my face :D

And ya`ll knew this was coming...Christine Aguilera..."Thank you" Really??? What blatant stupidity!

Sam Elliot, outstanding choice for introductions in Texas Stadium...and to think that boy is from CA.

GearHead_1
02-06-2011, 07:02 PM
And ya`ll knew this was coming...Christine Aguilera..."Thank you" Really??? What blatant stupidity!

I had the very same thought. My wife and I just sat and looked at each other. I have no idea what the song was that she sang but it didn`t resemble the National Anthem. Very poor choice.

Anyone else notice the players with their hands over their hearts during America the Beautiful?

Mr. Clean
02-06-2011, 11:29 PM
GH, yes I noticed. Also noticed a Steeler player (couldn`t catch his number) with tears streaming...Wasn`t certain if he was brimming (literally) with patriotic pride or crying because of Aguliara`s butchering of the national anthem. The Glee cast member (sorry don`t watch so don`t know her name) didn`t fare much better earlier.

As a representative of Texas, let me just apologize for the B class entertainment provided. Keith Urban was about the highlight and we could have so easily done better than him (though he is a pretty fair guitar picker).

Anyway, a good football day. Good company, good food and a good game. Pleased with the outcome for several reasons.

GearHead_1
02-07-2011, 09:50 AM
I believe the man with tears in his eyes was William G a y #22, who in stark contrast to BYU`s boy #99 Bret Keisel was found dancing around, both hands down, showing no respect during the Anthem.

As far as Christina goes, it was more than just her artistic interpretation that bothered me, she butchered the lyrics too.

She messed up the 4th line singing “O’er the ramparts we watch were so gallantly streaming?”, she merged the lyric with the song’s second line: “What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming?” and delivered: “What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last gleaming?”

I did like watching/hearing Slash though Fergie can`t quite pull off Axl`s part. He was the entertainment`s only redeeming grace in this old man`s eyes.

Mr. Clean
02-07-2011, 10:11 AM
As far as Christina goes, it was more than just her artistic interpretation that bothered me, she butchered the lyrics too.

She messed up the 4th line singing “O’er the ramparts we watch were so gallantly streaming?”, she merged the lyric with the song’s second line: “What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming?” and delivered: “What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last gleaming?”

I did like watching/hearing Slash though Fergie can`t quite pull off Axl`s part. He was the entertainment`s only redeeming grace in this old man`s eyes.

Yes, she did not just lend her interpretation (I hesitate to add the qualifying adjective), but also apparently did not know the words. Were she some young neophyte, you might argue nerves but I believe this was not her first rodeo (well it wasn`t a rodeo, and if it were I`m certain it would have been her first...:))

I also agree that Fergie did a poor job vocally with Sweet Child of Mine, but I have never been overly impressed with the talents of Slash so, it was just one more disappointment for me.

GearHead_1
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
... I have never been overly impressed with the talents of Slash so, it was just one more disappointment for me.

Admittedly, I`ve always been kind of a "Bumbs and Hosers" fan. I can see where that may not have lit everyone`s candle.