PDA

View Full Version : New Mobile Rig - SketchUp

Pages : [1] 2

DJsDetails
01-28-2011, 12:42 AM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_3acIBrcmxa4/TUJU3FbjAwI/AAAAAAAAAHw/Q4bkevVQqOU/s912/DJD%20Mobile%20Setup%20edited.jpg

So this is a very compact skid I`ve designed for my GMC Canyon Crew Cab model truck. Some of yall may know this is a VERY small bed. I`m ordering everything this weekend and will begin building as soon as all the pieces come in.

Some features:
40 gal. water tank
Wayne Porta Pump w/ pressure cut-off/bypass system/drain valve
Routed fill hose with quick-connect fittings to fill tank
Routed discharge hose with quick-connect fittings for water usage (post pump)
Honda EU2000i Inverter Generator
Shop-Vac
Shelf system
Interior/Exterior products that can slide out from under shelf onto tailgate

And of course a Retractable Tonneau cover & locking tailgate so I can keep everything!

Cant wait to get it all installed! What do you guys think about it? I like keeping my gear organized so this setup should keep it pretty easy (don`t have a whole lot of room to mess it up anyways).

Southern stang
01-28-2011, 12:55 PM
I really like the design. Like how your able to lock and walk away!

ShadeTreeDetail
01-28-2011, 05:30 PM
0I think it looks to be a great idea, however 40 gallons isn`t going to get very far in terms of washing needs ........ or will it?

Addicted2Bling
01-28-2011, 08:05 PM
That set up is nice

DJsDetails
01-29-2011, 12:16 AM
0I think it looks to be a great idea, however 40 gallons isn`t going to get very far in terms of washing needs ........ or will it?

It`s enough for my needs. I don`t do a whole lot of washes. Mainly 2 full details a day, several days a week; not a whole lot of water usage. It`s all the room I have so I`ll have to live with it. I used roughly 18 gallons on an H3 that had been out mudding today so I think 40 will work.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_3acIBrcmxa4/TUOZBpndsNI/AAAAAAAAAH8/24vhIu00EJY/s912/H3%20B%26A2.jpg

Addicted2Bling
01-29-2011, 09:22 AM
So do you plan on flood rinsing everything then? They have really small pressure washers, even an electric one would fit in there. That honda eu2000i generator you plan on ordering is a beast. I have the same model in camo, love it, definatly worth your cash!

Dtrick.22
01-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Looks like you made the most of your space and everything seems to be in a convenient location...Go for it!

dirtbustersmd
01-30-2011, 11:16 AM
only thing I would consider changing is the bed cover. If you eliminate the roll away to one that opens up, to me, it would free up a little more room. all in all, looks like a great set up though!!

DJsDetails
01-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Found a new tonneau. This one folds and locks completely open to allow full access to the bed. $650 plus $75 in gas cards.:bigups I think I`ve found my deal on it too. This will allow for more space/bigger tank. Thanks for the input everyone!

http://www.truckaccessoriesforyou.com/images/chevy_silverado_bakflip.jpg

Bunky
01-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Found a new tonneau. This one folds and locks completely open to allow full access to the bed. $650 plus $75 in gas cards.:bigups I think I`ve found my deal on it too. This will allow for more space/bigger tank. Thanks for the input everyone!

http://www.truckaccessoriesforyou.com/images/chevy_silverado_bakflip.jpg

I went to look at a video in the Bak Flip. It looks like a great cover.

DJsDetails
01-30-2011, 10:43 PM
It looks good, I love that it`s flush, it has a built in draining system along the edges and the middle hinged area are waterproof because they`re completely sealed. And it will fold completely off to the front of the bed, and locks there, allowing full access. That is an awesome feature. I`ve been working around my dad`s tonneau for years now and it a pain in the ass to get to anything in the front of the bed from beside the truck.

Everything is supposed to be here by the end of next week so I`ll keep posting on this as I build. I might wait on the Eu2000i generator until this rig pays for itself a little. Nothing is wrong with my current gen. so I don`t need to make that change just yet. I`m hoping my water pump will stay pressurized with just a check valve and not have to add a pressure tank to the system. I`ll find out when I run a demo with the pump tomorrow night.

Tex Star Detail
01-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Where is the exhaust gonna go from the generator? Going to produce a lot of heat around it too. Just saying, don`t want you to have everything melt and catch fire.

DJsDetails
01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
When I take the vac out, on-site for a detail, I`ll rotate the generator to direct the exhaust out of the bed. I might make a swivel mount to make it easy to pivot and easier to access the controls/plugs. That`ll come down the road. Found black pvc pipe and fittings online for the same price as white, and shipped for free. That`ll look nice; piping won`t stick out like a sore thumb.

BADLANDER
04-04-2011, 07:47 PM
i had the bakflip cover for 2 years before it started to fall apart on me, i now have a roll-n-lock

im sure it will last you longer seeing as how you dont have the harsh winters like we do

C. Charles Hahn
04-05-2011, 09:59 AM
I thought about getting a BakFlip for my truck, but I went with a Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite instead. Just feels better constructed IMHO. I`ve had mine for almost 3 years now and it has performed great.