PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

Mr. Clean
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Texas (parts of) has joined the rest of the country. Not quite cold enough for it to stick to paved surfaces, but rooftops and lawns are mostly covered by the white stuff. It is blowing horizontally right now and forecasters are suggesting it may stick around until tomorrow a.m. If the temps dip tonight to the teens as has been predicted, it could be a very interesting Monday.

Poorboy
01-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Texas (parts of) has joined the rest of the country. Not quite cold enough for it to stick to paved surfaces, but rooftops and lawns are mostly covered by the white stuff. It is blowing horizontally right now and forecasters are suggesting it may stick around until tomorrow a.m. If the temps dip tonight to the teens as has been predicted, it could be a very interesting Monday.

that ain`t snow
:crazy:

Scott P
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Nothing here in SE Texas.

Mr. Clean
01-09-2011, 09:00 PM
that ain`t snow
:crazy:

It is most definitely snow. We don`t see it very often, but we know what it is when we do. :) Several inches worth sitting on the windshields now. Some meteorologists are suggesting accumulations up to 4 inches. If that happens, I would say that is a significant event for our part of the country. I`m not complaining, we need the moisture. It has been a dry winter thus far and during a La Nina cycle we are predicted to have a warmer, drier winter.

Nothing here in SE Texas.
Thought it was headed your way, but sounds like it stalled out. Not even any precip?

Scott P
01-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Thought it was headed your way, but sounds like it stalled out. Not even any precip?

We got a lot of rain Saturday night into Sunday morning. We just have the cold now. Another front is due to come through in a couple days dropping overnight temps into the 20`s. This weekend is scheduled to be back into the 70`s though.

I still have a snow brush that we moved down with. If it ever does snow a lot her, I plan on listing it on craigslist as a Genuine Yankee Approved Snow Removal Device and getting $50 for it. :)

Poorboy
01-10-2011, 11:03 AM
It is most definitely snow. We don`t see it very often, but we know what it is when we do. :) Several inches worth sitting on the windshields now. Some meteorologists are suggesting accumulations up to 4 inches. If that happens, I would say that is a significant event for our part of the country. I`m not complaining, we need the moisture. It has been a dry winter thus far and during a La Nina cycle we are predicted to have a warmer, drier winter.

if it don`t stick to the roads it ain`t snow :lol2:

Atlanta looked like a mess last night :eek:

saw an area in MS that was basically closed :wow: they said they had one plow to do the entire area and the interstate :rofl

Mr. Clean
01-10-2011, 12:11 PM
We got a lot of rain Saturday night into Sunday morning. We just have the cold now. Another front is due to come through in a couple days dropping overnight temps into the 20`s. This weekend is scheduled to be back into the 70`s though.

I still have a snow brush that we moved down with. If it ever does snow a lot her, I plan on listing it on craigslist as a Genuine Yankee Approved Snow Removal Device and getting $50 for it. :)

We had a good amount of rain (several hours worth) from the early Sunday morning hours until it turned to snow. Again, welcomed. Yeah I keep hearing about the Arctic front. We`re supposed to be in the upper teens for the lows for several days, but warming up as we near the weekend. I don`t think we`re supposed to make it to the 70s, but I can always hope.

:rofl, but do you have a snow shovel? I`ve got several shovels, but they wouldn`t move too much snow, but I guess I could make do. :) My snow brush is a corn whisk broom :idea I couldn`t believe it, but I found my 2 ice scrapers.