PDA

View Full Version : Wax suggestion for 2011 Infiniti peal white metallic?

Hellspawn
01-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Wondering what the best wax for making the Infiniti `Moonlight white` pearl white metallic look the best would be. I guess I`m looking for wetness or depth as it has a red/green/blue sparkle to it in the sun.

I have NXT Tech 2.0, Gold Class liquid (the newer formula), Mother`s FX, Collinite 845. It`s brand new, and I plan on claying it first. RIght now there doesn`t appear to be any swirls on it.

thanks for the input.

trhland
01-05-2011, 07:14 AM
pinnacle signature series 2 paste.

holland_patrick
01-05-2011, 07:58 AM
natty`s blue

Larry A
01-05-2011, 10:38 AM
From what you have I would say FX and or Collinite. NXT and Gold Class are more for darker colors. Collinite for the durability and FX for the looks although Collinite looks good too.

GearHead_1
01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Natty`s White, Natty`s Blue, Pinnacle Souveran would all be good choices in my opinion. For that matter Red looks pretty nice on white also.

tuscarora dave
01-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Natty`s Red would be my choice for wax on a white car for looks. For durability and looks I would go with Collinite #845 or PB EX-P first then top with NR.

Hellspawn
01-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Well, since I`m just starting out on it, I`ll probably use the 845 since I have it already. Later this spring I may experiment with the Natty`s stuff. Thank you for your input and I`ll have to post a pic when I get it all done.

Ronkh
01-05-2011, 02:31 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ronkh/ughside.gif

Mr. Clean
01-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Well, since I`m just starting out on it, I`ll probably use the 845 since I have it already. Later this spring I may experiment with the Natty`s stuff. Thank you for your input and I`ll have to post a pic when I get it all done.
Sounds like a good plan, use the products on hand. Though I might have opted for trying the Mother`s FX, but that`s another matter.

When you do go to try another product line, I would consider TD`s suggestion above and try PB`s EX-P. I`ll be the naysayer on the Natty`s Blue, for the same reason I wouldn`t make the NXT my first choice for that paint. They both will look nice on white paint, but IMO will not bring out the best of the metallic aspect of the pearl paint job (if I`m remembering that paint correctly). Can`t speak for the White or Red versions of that wax. I like the looks of the Pinnacle Signature wax on metallics, but I still would first go with EX-P and then try to convince myself it needs to be topped. :)

Hellspawn
01-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Now if it will just warm up a bit so I can wash it, then into the garage to be clayed and waxed.

richy
01-05-2011, 11:43 PM
I would not use a wax until you use DG 501. It is incredible on white. It deep cleans the paint and has a polymer sealant in it. Top it after curing with Colli 845 and you`ll have an unbeatable pair!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk