PDA

View Full Version : An Eye For Perfection????

Beemerboy
03-19-2004, 01:05 PM
I was finishing up a car yesterday (white 503i BMW) Last year I did this car 5 times. Anywho I was doing to finial before calling the customer and it seems that no matter how much time I spend, I will ALWAYS!!! find a spot that I missed.

I then began to wonder if detailers are never satisfied with the end product. However what we see maybe over looked by an untrained eye (the customer) There was some cars last year that I was not overly impressed with but the customers loved them.

Anyone else ever feel this way?

:duel

dalmore
03-19-2004, 01:29 PM
I love that smilie. Makes me want to pick a fight just to use it.

:duel

clean4u
03-19-2004, 01:39 PM
I feel the same way..... but we cant all be PERFECT!:beer

Beemerboy
03-19-2004, 02:04 PM
I was returning a car the other day, while driving back . I noticed in the light that there is a smudge in the back window. Not that its huge but then I`m thinking if the customer gets in the car and see`s this he`s not going to be happy. Maybe he won`t even notice it but I did!

That`s what I`m talking about!

clean4u
03-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Yep........ Know exactly what your talking abot

Poorboy
03-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Dave always carried some S & W a a clean mf when I dropped them off to catch all those little things:D

Customer usually came out and said..."ENOUGH ALREADY" :lmfao

dalmore
03-19-2004, 03:16 PM
I think alot depends on your customer - I for one would notice the smudged rear window in a flash. And it would bother me. But you might leave a big splotch of wax/sealant on the side of the door and I might not see that for a couple of weeks. There was a recent thread about what people notice that was interesting, Pointed out some areas that I never look at!

Beemerboy
03-19-2004, 03:51 PM
You remember what the thread name was I would love to read that one!

dalmore
03-19-2004, 04:36 PM
http://detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2866

First thing you notice is the thread title in case my linking is broken

KleanFreak
03-19-2004, 10:11 PM
i am never cpmpletely happy with a job

Nickc0844
03-19-2004, 10:29 PM
I finally have to tell myself to stop!!

I have gotten into the habit though of doing a final wipe down with a bottle of 1/2 Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe and 1/2 Meg`s Final Detail with superior results....I always bring that and a MF when dropping off.

Don
03-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Someone once had a line in their sig that I can relate to:

"I`m done...wait, missed a spot...*6 hours later* I`m done...wait, missed a spot...

stainbuster
03-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Don, LOL!!!

Agree with these opinions. I`m always seeing something.. somewhere... how did I miss that?!!??!

Have a reg. customer with 2 Saabs. We are the only people who touch these cars. (2X monthly for maintenence detail and 4X annually for full details) Had breakfast with customer on Wed. and noticed a sliver of wax residue on lower rear rocker panel. Grabbed my product and brush to remove and re-dress. Customer almost put me in a strait-jacket. "Mike, you finished last week, stop already and let`s eat!!!", he says to me. LOL!!

The job`s never done.