PDA

View Full Version : Range Rover white leather care?

tuscarora dave
10-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi DC members. I have a full detail coming up in the near future where one of the things that the client has mentioned is that the white leather seats are pretty dirty. He has tried some leather conditioner and gave up. I have had pretty good luck cleaning leather seats with a mild APC such as Poorboy`s mixed at around 20 to 1 and then conditioned with PB leather stuff. However the client describes the leather in this Range Rover as being very soft with a natural leather feel and not coated. It is a 2006 model.

I am thinking maybe go with Leatherique`s combo on this one or lexol`s combo. Any of you members do many of these Range Rovers and care to chime in with some suggestions as to what would be best to use or any special needs or attributes of this particular type of leather?

Thanks in advance, TD

JSFM35X
10-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Dave,

Leatherique twins are awesome on any leather. I have the 32oz kit and to date have only used it on non automotive leather but it works very well. The biggest challenge you face is the temperature. This product is very dependant on heat to open the pores allowing the hide to release the dirt and grime. This makes removal as easy as wiping off a surface.

Do you own a heat gun? If not I would treat the seat, turn the heat on and the seat warmer and let it sit. (Hours). once the slurry has come to the surface, wipe off and repat if necessary. I got impatient and did not let it sit long enough the next time I let it hours and bam! Big difference.

If you end up going with Leatherique, I could call them. I did a light colored leather purse for my wife that came out great. I called them prior, think I spoke to a guy named Bob (not sure of his name) who was very helpful and gave me step by step directions. Call him b4 you buy to see if your comfortable.

Should you choose to go another route, the Ultima Interior Shampoo does a great job on leather without the leatherique production. Major difference is I feel the leatherique softens, conditions and cleans where most other products only clean the surface.

White leather is not an easy task----------Good Luck and post some pictures.

RTexasF
10-15-2010, 08:30 AM
I have done one with the glove leather seats. Cleaning was accomplished with Woolite & water @ 6 parts Water to 1 part Woolite. I soaked a mf towel in the mixture, wrung it out, and began scrubbing. It worked like a charm but a soft bristled brush may be required for some areas. After all is dry dress with an appropriate product. The Woolite/Water combo worked so well I`ve used it ever since. You can go to 8 or even 10 parts water if they aren`t real dirty but I suspect that white will need the stronger mixture.

tuscarora dave
10-15-2010, 06:04 PM
I have done one with the glove leather seats. Cleaning was accomplished with Woolite & water @ 6 parts Water to 1 part Woolite. I soaked a mf towel in the mixture, wrung it out, and began scrubbing. It worked like a charm but a soft bristled brush may be required for some areas. After all is dry dress with an appropriate product. The Woolite/Water combo worked so well I`ve used it ever since. You can go to 8 or even 10 parts water if they aren`t real dirty but I suspect that white will need the stronger mixture.

Nice, Thanks for the input guys. I am going to do the Woolite first to see if that will do the trick and then apply PB Leather Stuff.