PDA

View Full Version : Please help

njhandyguy
10-08-2010, 08:59 PM
i recently picked up a white cargo van 95 ford that has NEVER seen a carwash

i power washed it and it`s stained and very dingy what can i use to bring it back thanks jay

black bart
10-09-2010, 01:54 AM
i recently picked up a white cargo van 95 ford that has NEVER seen a carwash

i power washed it and it`s stained and very dingy what can i use to bring it back thanks jayWOW 21 views and not one reply.

Probably because we need more info to give good advice.
I don`t remember what year Ford started using BC-CC my 92 is still single stage paint.

I think your 95 is a CC but not sure, Need to know before recommending a polish.

Do you own or have access to a orbital polisher or will you be doing this by hand.

Please give more info so we can give you correct advice.

mrclean81
10-09-2010, 02:01 AM
I work for a commercial van and truck dealership and deal with cargo vans and such every day. The Fords especially tend to fade and cause dirt pollen to eventually stain the paint because they are rarely taken care of cosmetically. The best way to fix this is to use a machine on it. if there`s not a lot of scratches a simple 1 step polish would bring it back to life. Lucky for you its easily corrected :)

Poorboy
10-09-2010, 07:45 AM
our van gets like that every year ... it sits from September thru April under trees. We wash it well with APC, which takes off all the discoloration, mold, etc and then a quick coat of Polish w/ Sealant and we`re good to go.
Normal soap and a power wash will not remove those kinds of stains.

tuscarora dave
10-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I have found that PB Pro Polish works very nicely to deep clean the white paint on these type of vehicles whether it is BCCC or single stage white paint.

If your intention is to do a paint correction (swirl removal) I would wash, clay, Pro Polish then use the swirl remover of your choice and top with your LSP.

If you don`t want to take all those steps then do what Poorboy said and just run it out with Polish with Sealant and leave it at that. PWS will clean it up and provide long lasting protection.