PDA

View Full Version : Flitz Polish

tguil
03-19-2004, 08:07 AM
According to the information on the Flitz website their polish is safe to use on everything.

"...Our patented scientific formulation uses No abrasives, No ammonia, is nontoxic, free of Acid, and requires no warning label. It is also nonflammable and can be used on heated surfaces. You can even use Flitz with your bare hands. It is safe on your skin, no gloves are required..."

Is this too good to be true? I`m considering using it on the non-cleared polished aluminum wheels on my 2002 Dodge Ram.

Tom :cool

NattyBumppo
03-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Try it in a very inconspicuous (sp?) spot first. My guess is that it`ll be perfectly safe and work fairly well.

I`ve used Flitz more than a few times but on firearms, not auto surfaces. It does a good job of cleaning and polishing away years of abuse and neglect on gun metal although it can be a bit of a struggle as it requires a fair amount of rubbing.

Natty

Nickc0844
03-19-2004, 09:07 PM
I have used it on a variety of car metals, but haven`t tried it on the paint---just doesn`t seem right to use it there, but they claim it`s good? It`s a good and easy metal polish.