PDA

View Full Version : New Toys

JSFM35X
09-15-2010, 06:58 PM
I decided to try out some new toys and I can`t wait for them to arrive.

I purchased the Wheel Woolies Sm, Med, Large. Basically Daytona detail brush but with a more rigid handle and wool innstead of bristles. Say them on a Paul Dalton U-Tube Video and figured maybe my car would look like his if i bought them? I will let you know.

The 303 Protectant was on super sale and I needed a few bucks for free shipping so I added it to save 15% and get free shipping. I was just about out of Megs Interior Detailer that I have been useing on the dash. The one bottle lasted like a year or more.

I also bought a foam cannon for my karcher PW. My wife and neighbors are going to flip when they see this bad boy. They alsready think I am nuts.

New Wet Vac-There was alot of rain last week and I sold my wet vac after it got killed in service. I had it for a few years and a buddy of mine had a friend with a flood. He asked if I could loan it to him. I did and it ended up being a seriously huge, dirty mess. Water was comming up from the ground! The guy called the thank me a day later and in the same breath he said, I wrecked this thing, what do I owe you? I said how did you wreck it, it`s plastic? He removed the float so he could pick up more H2o and fried the motor. What he paid me covered the new one that is already on the way! 2000 watt, 2 x 1.25 HP (dual motor) Minuteman 15 gallon Tank (12 gal Liquid recovery) 190 cfm, 85" of Water Lift. with a contractor tool kit. This baby sucks!

I have been contemplating a Rotary machine only because I want a totally swirl free paint job. I I burn the paint my plan it to polish all the paint off and make it a Delorian looking infiniti? If I cannot get this Black to a mirror finish , I will ot get another black car. It simply frustrates me too much. My wife`s white car and my Silver truck are perfect (to me) and my black car that I spend do much time messing with looks OK.

Like a little boy, I run ghome looking for UPS boxes. I will keep you posted.

tuscarora dave
09-15-2010, 10:48 PM
I`d like to be receiving those boxes too. I`d like to know about those wool brushes. Please let us know how you like them after you use them. I have a box on it`s way too but my toys are just new products but I still like trying out new stuff!!!

JSFM35X
09-16-2010, 04:53 AM
I`d like to be receiving those boxes too. I`d like to know about those wool brushes. Please let us know how you like them after you use them. I have a box on it`s way too but my toys are just new products but I still like trying out new stuff!!!

You got it dave. My old wheel brushes got worn out except for the Daytona which is still in service. The handle is a little more flexible that I would like. I bough it when it first came out and I should just buy a new one because it really is great. I just want to see of the wheel woolies replace its use first.

I hope you had a great birthday and I hope you enjoy your products.

Jeff

Beemerboy
09-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Those wheel wool things are not cheap, any idea on the life span of them?

I have the Daytona brush and although the handle is a tad weak IMO its one of the best brushes I`ve used on rims in years

Bunky
09-16-2010, 10:12 AM

I have the Daytona brush and although the handle is a tad weak IMO its one of the best brushes I`ve used on rims in years

Todd Helme said they last a long time but would like to hear other reports as well.

Beemerboy
09-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Todd Helme said they last a long time but would like to hear other reports as well.

I can see that they would be good for somethings, but where there is a lot of grease or heavy brake dust I can`t see wool being that effective, at least that`s been my experience.

JSFM35X
09-16-2010, 02:33 PM
I am not sure of the life span as I have not used them but I was told that one detailer that does this for a living had over 50 washes under his belt and they look new. While not cheap i cannot get the barrels of my wheels as clean as I would like with the daytona brush. I will not use any brush with exposed wire and so I bust my knuckles to get in their.

My Daytona has served me well. my handle is also getting more pliable that I like but if it broke, I would buy another immediatly and a mini too.

I will keep you posted on the durability of the woolies.