PDA

View Full Version : CD2 Engine Detailer

Beemerboy
09-15-2010, 10:26 AM
After reading about this product and not being able to find it locally, I found some a Kragens recently. Turns out in was there the whole time, but stocked in the degreaser area.

Anyway I used it on the motorcycles that I have been working on latley, and it works like a charm, especially the crinkle finish or the black matted finish you see on a lot of Harleys these days.

My impression is it goes on very even is some what oily looking in the start, but once dry leaves the metals and painted areas very new and even looking. The owner of the shop I worked at loved the finish so much he wants to start carrying it in his shop:D

One thing that I do find is that it doesn`t sit well on chrome or polished metals, those areas I had to wipe down

It also has a very pleasant smell to it, which I`m not sure what that means once the metal gets hot:D

G.T.Subie
09-15-2010, 10:50 AM
I love the stuff on plastics in the engine bay.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/matthewhorner/PokerRallyMay09091.jpg

TLMitchell
09-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Anyway I used it on the motorcycles that I have been working on latley, and it works like a charm, especially the crinkle finish or the black matted finish you see on a lot of Harleys these days.

I`ve used it on all 3 of my Harley`s and agree, when you get done they look great. It burns off in about 10 miles though. S100 Engine Brightener has considerably better longevity. CD2 would be the perfect product for a bike that is going in a showroom. Buyer is gonna wonder what the stink is as he goes down the road though.. :D

TL

JaredPointer
09-15-2010, 10:56 AM
I try to keep a can or two on hand. It works very well, lasts a long time, and looks great.

Beemerboy
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
I`ve used it on all 3 of my Harley`s and agree, when you get done they look great. It burns off in about 10 miles though. S100 Engine Brightener has considerably better longevity. CD2 would be the perfect product for a bike that is going in a showroom. Buyer is gonna wonder what the stink is as he goes down the road though.. :D

TL

Yes I didn`t think that it would last very long but it sure gives off a great impression to the customer.

TLMitchell
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
I love the stuff on plastics in the engine bay.

CD2 is great on everything under the hood. I got a lot of overspray on the firewall and tops of the painted inner fenders the first time I used it so I just wiped everything down. Now everything that has CD2 on it looks like it`s just been done with only a quick wipe with a damp towel.

TL

shuddleston
09-15-2010, 02:25 PM
I used it once on my son`s 97 Grand Prix cleaned up very nice. I don`t do hardly any engine details but if I did I would use it again.

Larry A
09-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes it is a great product, but its getting harder to find.

HiSpdJunkie
09-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I`ve been using this before shows for the past year and a half now. I always get compliments on the engine compartment. A few things I have learned though, do not get it on stainless steel headers if you can avoid it. They will smoke for a while and turn blue much faster than before. I also found that any painted plastic should be wiped down after a half hour or so to avoid spotting. Other than that I love the stuff.

My local Auto Zone carries a good amount of it and they stock it where degreasers are found.

C. Charles Hahn
09-16-2010, 02:29 PM
I love CD2... been using it for a few years now on my engine details and it works awesome!

TLMitchell
09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Yes it is a great product, but its getting harder to find.

Seems like the guys at Autozone don`t even know they have this stuff. CD2 discontinued an engine degreaser in a similar can some time ago. When I see it I grab a bunch of cans and usually take an empty with me to show `em what I`m looking for. Sometimes it`s with the Engine Brighteners, sometimes it`s mixed in with the degreasers or Gunk stuff.

TL

jnt412
09-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Autozone is restocking CD2. I picked up a can last week. Looks like its a newer can and not the older can they use to sell. Since I have never used this stuff and planning on using it very soon. How is this stuff on belts?..

C. Charles Hahn
09-21-2010, 11:52 AM
I wouldn`t use it on belts... Usually I keep a can of CRC Belt Dressing handy for serpentine, A/C, or V-belts after I`m done cleaning and drying under the hood and before spraying everything else with CD2.

Technically, I don`t think you`re even supposed to dress the belts in modern cars, but I do it anyway for the most part and have never experienced a problem resulting from it.

Cro0oz1n
09-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Anyone know how CD2 compares to CG`s Fade 2 black or Adam`s In and out?

I like the Fade 2 Black on hoses and such.I also use 50/50 mix of VRT and water works well under hood and under fender wells BUT needs to be buffed for even application.

blucpe
09-21-2010, 03:05 PM
i`m really glad you`ve all used and like/love cd-2 detailer, i used it as per everyones raving about it, but found it not to my liking, i used and continue to use, malco`s perfect 10, it does`nt run, you don`t have to wipe up any excess, just spray and walk away. i use the remainder of the cd-2 for my wheel wells. this is just an observation on my part, i`m not bashing cd-2 or the users of it, if you like it by all means use it, as for me, not.