PDA

View Full Version : Stain and Spot Remover

russb
09-11-2010, 09:32 AM
I need a little help finding a good stain and spot remover. I have a small hot water cleaner and extractor that does a pretty good job, but I have a truck right now that has some pretty nasty carpet. Does anybody know of a good cleaner that I can use to clean up the small spots that still remain?

TLMitchell
09-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Folex, look for it at Lowes.

Gus-Gus
09-11-2010, 09:37 AM
poorboys apc is always my goto.. it managed to get tar out of floor mats for me..

Beemerboy
09-11-2010, 09:37 AM
What are the spots from? Also depending on what they are and how long they`ve been there the carpet could be stained

russb
09-11-2010, 10:13 AM
I`m not sure what all of the stains are from, I was lucky enough to get some type of beverage stain up. I willing to bet that most of the other stains are drink stains as well. They have been there for awhile. I have tried Poorboys apc, and had some pretty good luck, but it just wasn`t cutting it on some of the other stains.

Poorboy
09-11-2010, 11:43 AM
let`s re=phrase this a bit ... dirt and stains ... most dirt can be removed, but not all stains can be removed, that is why they are called stains ...
I have removed a lot of dirt and "stains" with APC (sometimes full strength) but not all. Try a few different ways, but do not become obsessed as many people throw away clothes, carpeting and other items that have permanent stains ;)

Big Leegr
09-12-2010, 07:53 AM
If you`re in a hurry to get something and can`t wait for an order to come in, try a waterless hand cleaner (the non-pumice type). They are typically a white gel/thick cream in a plastic tub available at dept. stores, hardware stores and automotive parts stores, among others. Usually around a buck.

russb
09-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the input. I am not to worried about some of the small stains, because I am aware that I probably will not be able to get all of them out. The ones that really bother me are when you can see a line in the carpet around where the floor mats were.

Big Leegr
09-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Get bigger floor mats. ;)

JaredPointer
09-13-2010, 02:39 PM
I second the Folex suggestion.