PDA

View Full Version : Diluting chemical

Cro0oz1n
09-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Do most use regular tap water or go with distilled water when mixing their APC ,Carpet cleaner and such?
I`m thinking I may use distilled water because the water here is so hard. Besides I`m not doing commercial quantities just stuff for myself. gallons odf distilled water don`t cost that much.

Big Leegr
09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
I typically use tap, but I don`t have much of an issue with the water here. If you have very hard water you may not get the full benefits from APCs etc. as the minerals may adversely affect the cleaning power. As you mentioned that you aren`t soing much volume, distilled may indeed be the best option for you.

tuscarora dave
09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
One job I did (mobile detail) the client`s water was so hard that when I used it to mix up a batch of APC, I noticed that after I cleaned the interior door panels that there were mineral deposits left behind on the textured plastic that looked chalky white. I still use tap water but try to mux my chemical dilutions at home now.

Cro0oz1n
09-11-2010, 01:53 PM
I picked up 3 gallons of distilled water this morning at Kroger. $0.87 each and 3 sprayers with dilution graphics on them $1.69ea.

I used some of the stain extractor chemical I got mixed 1/10 on a place in the truck. I didn`t think to take a picture of it but it was unbelivable what it loosened up. I had just cleaned the same spot 2 weeks ago with Tuff Stuff. Very pleased with it so far.
:bigups