PDA

View Full Version : MF Towels

MaineMDX
03-18-2004, 12:58 PM
What is recommended for polish (SSR1&2); sealant (EX) and wax (Natty`s) removal? Do I need MF towels?

From doing Zaino the last couple of years I have surge stitched Charisma`s. Are these good for Poorboy product`s or should I invest in MF? And if so what works best?

groebuck
03-18-2004, 01:37 PM
MF towels make product removal a breeze since they suck up product and residue like a magnet - you can check premiumautocare.com or poorboy`s world for recommended MF`s for uses.

Poorboy
03-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by MaineMDX
What is recommended for polish (SSR1&2); sealant (EX) and wax (Natty`s) removal? Do I need MF towels?

From doing Zaino the last couple of years I have surge stitched Charisma`s. Are these good for Poorboy product`s or should I invest in MF? And if so what works best?

I think you can still use your towels for most of your detailing, but I would defintely invest in some for final buffing of wax or sealants and for use with QD`s...

I prefer smoother mf towels for the above uses and more plush ones for polish removal....:hippi

awd330
03-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Here are a couple recent threads that discuss MF towel preferences.

Favorite Brands of Towels (http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2525)

Plush vs. Less Plush (http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2519)

JimS
03-19-2004, 10:27 AM
I like waffle weave mf towels for removing polishes or wax/sealants. I still use my Charisma`s for some stuff but prefer mf or ww mf.

Boss_429
03-19-2004, 07:20 PM
MaineMDX,

I also have some surge stitched Charisma`s, and Charisma selects. They are wonderful cotton towels, and are extremely safe. However, you will probably want to start getting a few good MF`s to replace you stock of Charisma`s as they wear out. There are also a lot of excellent MF towels on the market today. PAC`s, Poorboy`s, Pakshak`s, JTInternational, and several others.

For removing polishes, paint cleaners, and QD`ing with Spray & Wipe, I too like the plush MF towels. For removing waxes, sealants and for final QD`ing, I prefer the DFTowel, or smoother MF`s.