PDA

View Full Version : Buffers

bozack23
03-18-2004, 11:44 AM
I`m getting a buffer soon probably a PC dual action. should this be enough for me operating part-time or should i also get a rotary. Have someone to train me to use the rotary. also which rotary is the best?

groebuck
03-18-2004, 03:18 PM
You can accomplish a lot with the PC alone - it might take longer than if you used a rotary but seeing as how you plan on doing it part time it should give you excellent results in all but the crappiest of detail situations ;) - I would recommend multiple pads too so you can switch it up and have enough in your kit to handle any job.

KleanFreak
03-19-2004, 12:59 AM
i would get a rotary and a pc, you can use the rotary for your heavy stuff and apply waxes and glazes using the pc which will speed your process up so much and give you high class resluts.

i like the makita 9227C myself.

plus usin a rotary is not as hard as you think it is.:headbang rock on!

JimS
03-19-2004, 09:40 AM
There was a post somewhere....that showed a new Makita machine that you could switch brom rotary to random orbital and back. But...it sold for $300. Somebody is probably discounting it. Costal tool? Harbor Freight? Sorry but I didn`t get the model #.

Just found the thread...It`s in a thread here at DC! Look for a thread entitled New Makita.

bozack23
03-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks guys. 300.00 is a bit much for me starting out but thanks for the heads up. i found a PC for 120.00 at detailparadise.com and i think i can get a good deal on e-bay for the rotary.