PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Wet Diamond

OCDinPDX
08-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I bought this sealant back in December on recommendation from several other detailers who had nothing but great things to say about it. I had already used 4 Star UPP and was hooked on sealants instead of wax, mainly because of the awesome beading properties and I`m a sucker for slickness. :D Also, it smells like blueberries...:drool:

We had one of the wettest years on record so the Wet Diamond never got more than 24 hours to bond to the paint before being attacked by rain. I found the beading properties to be good but not great. That was until I threw a coat on with the advent of better weather. Two weeks went by before I washed the car and since the sealant had time to really bond, the water practically jumped off the paint.

Here is a video of the beading properties, featuring my Santa Fe and my vocal talent. :notme: For those looking for a stellar sealant, your search has stopped right here!

YouTube - ‪Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant - Water Beading‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzZSCHNvBAU)

Beemerboy
08-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I`ve heard a lot of good things about BF

Thomas Dekany
08-11-2010, 02:10 AM
Cool video - now put on some fk1 #1000 and see what happens.

Stephan
08-11-2010, 04:47 AM
+1 for BF...I love this sealant its extremely easy to use, provides an excellent finish and I have had good luck with its durability.

njcarting1
08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I have had nothing but great finishes and durability with BFWD. I was introduced to the stuff last year through "Billy at Presidential Detail" he told me about the stuff. I ordered the BFWD from Angelo, and had great results. Gotta love it...:bigups:cheers::howdy

Being a sucker for natty`s red, add some over the top and watch that POOOOOOOOP WOW. Not that its needed...

Bunky
08-11-2010, 07:09 PM
I have used it on my truck. I like it too but not enough to stop using different products.

Mindflux
08-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Bunky what`s your goto sealant?

Bunky
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I use different ones. I have Mothers FX paste on one, PB BH / Natty White on another, BFWD on another, Fuzion (hybrid) + Mothers Step 3 as a booster on another.

I had used WG DPS earlier and planned to use it again..