PDA

View Full Version : This is great news

black bart
08-08-2010, 08:02 AM
I hope we see more of this in the future.

At a time when everyone is buying imported products Ford is adding jobs here.

KUDOS TO FORD

Ford to add 635 more U.S. jobs | freep.com | Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/article/20100804/BUSINESS01/100804023/1318/Ford-to-add-635-more-U.S.-jobs)

groebuck
08-08-2010, 09:39 AM
been happening at gm too, my brother has been off work for a year and a half he got called back - he lost a lot of his seniority and is working the line rather than the computer cnc he was trained for but it is picking up - he is actually getting back to his trade soon but has to work third shift.

black bart
08-08-2010, 10:22 AM
been happening at gm too, my brother has been off work for a year and a half he got called back - he lost a lot of his seniority and is working the line rather than the computer cnc he was trained for but it is picking up - he is actually getting back to his trade soon but has to work third shift.
This is NOT calling back anyone laid off they are bringing back jobs from Japan and other countries.
They will be made in Detroit instead of overseas.

OCDinPDX
08-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Glad to see Ford is making jobs HERE instead of in Mexico....just one more reason to buy a Ford.

krtoflas
08-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Hopefully now they don`t hire illegal immigrants to do the work.

Mindflux
08-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Glad to see Ford is making jobs HERE instead of in Mexico....just one more reason to buy a Ford.

Yet still not enough reasons to buy one.

JaredPointer
08-09-2010, 07:44 AM
How can Ford be so right, and GM be so completely, utterly, wrong. This is good news to hear. I wonder how long it will be that instead of "the big 3" there will only be Ford left. It seems that everything Ford has done in the last year or so has been the exact right thing to do at the exact right time. Not sure why the other two can`t try and mimic whatever it is that Ford is doing.

Whatever the case, Ford is the ONLY domestic brand I`d even consider if I had to go car shopping right now.