PDA

View Full Version : 100 Plus Pic`s for Showing Your Detail Work?

Beemerboy
08-04-2010, 10:16 AM
On a BMW site that I post on there are a few guys that post up 100 plus pic reviews to show their detailing work.

I sort of have a hard time understanding why 100 plus pics are necessary, not to mention the time it takes to upload all of them and I`m on high speed access.

Most of the pics are of close up`s of the swirls and marring and then the afters with the finishing looking real clean and swirl free..OK its nice to show one or two of these angles but 30:huh::huh:

Come on its not rocket science for god sake.

The ones that get me are where they are holding some brand name brush with a rubber glove on while they remove some light derbies from the console:rofl

Maybe I`m missing the point of these monster pic reviews but to me they are senseless.

black bart
08-04-2010, 10:46 AM
On a BMW site that I post on there are a few guys that post up 100 plus pic reviews to show their detailing work.

I sort of have a hard time understanding why 100 plus pics are necessary, not to mention the time it takes to upload all of them and I`m on high speed access.

Most of the pics are of close up`s of the swirls and marring and then the afters with the finishing looking real clean and swirl free..OK its nice to show one or two of these angles but 30:huh::huh:

Come on its not rocket science for god sake.

The ones that get me are where they are holding some brand name brush with a rubber glove on while they remove some light derbies from the console:rofl

Maybe I`m missing the point of these monster pic reviews but to me they are senseless.I agree also if it has a few swirls it will typically be described as trashed.
Trashed is what Mr Clean showed that he did on that Border Truck some don`t know trashed.

To me some swirls is not trashed if it didn`t have any they would not be paying you to polish it. :confused:

Beemerboy
08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
I agree also if it has a few swirls it will typically be described as trashed.
Trashed is what Mr Clean showed that he did on that Border Truck some don`t know trashed.

To me some swirls is not trashed if it didn`t have any they would not be paying you to polish it. :confused:

I concur BB the word trashed is widely misused. I don`t know if you caught my posting "Honda from hell" on the inside of that car was one of the worst that I had worked on in recent memory.

I don`t know who`s boat they are trying to float but there is no way it requires over 100 pics to show any detail, and to boot most all of those are paint correction pics.

black bart
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
I concur BB the word trashed is widely misused. I don`t know if you caught my posting "Honda from hell" on the inside of that car was one of the worst that I had worked on in recent memory.

I don`t know who`s boat they are trying to float but there is no way it requires over 100 pics to show any detail, and to boot most all of those are paint correction pics.
One engine bay 2 or 3 exterior and a couple interior before and after is plenty to show what you did.

Not necessary to show every square inch of metal.

Stephan
08-04-2010, 12:15 PM
I agree fully...which makes me glad I stopped posting that 200 pic recent detail of my new car...although some of the pics were family vacation photoes I had thrown in between.:D

Ronkh
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
here`s my reply to him, since it will prolly be deleted there :)

Took you all this time to upload the pics ?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Beemerboy
08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I agree fully...which makes me glad I stopped posting that 200 pic recent detail of my new car...although some of the pics were family vacation photoes I had thrown in between.:D

Those I would have enjoyed rather than 15 pics of a exhaust tip that has some small black marks that he has called trashed

here`s my reply to him, since it will prolly be deleted there :)

Yep it will but its fun anywho

JaredPointer
08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I dunno - I`ll play devil`s advocate. Maybe they were just proud and excited about showing off their work and vehicle. I remember a time not too long ago that I liked posting pictures and doing reviews for different products.

If that many pictures turn you off, you could always choose to not view the thread.

One of my biggest gripes about forums (especially Tundra Solutions) is you always have one or two jackholes who come into a thread to talk about why it`s such a bad thread and not needed, how this topic is beat to death, or to use the search button.

My opinion is that it`s a good thing that people want to post in your forum. without people posting, you got no forum.

Just presenting the other side. And yes - I am fully aware of some people who pic-pimp certain forums.

Bunky
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
I wonder if the poster thinks that someone actually looks at all the pics. It takes a long time to load and some posters put text in between a heavy pic load...I usually just read the beginning and skip to the end. It is their choice. I just ignore them.

Beemerboy
08-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I dunno - I`ll play devil`s advocate. Maybe they were just proud and excited about showing off their work and vehicle. I remember a time not too long ago that I liked posting pictures and doing reviews for different products.

If that many pictures turn you off, you could always choose to not view the thread.

One of my biggest gripes about forums (especially Tundra Solutions) is you always have one or two jackholes who come into a thread to talk about why it`s such a bad thread and not needed, how this topic is beat to death, or to use the search button.

My opinion is that it`s a good thing that people want to post in your forum. without people posting, you got no forum.

Just presenting the other side. And yes - I am fully aware of some people who pic-pimp certain forums.

JP Thanks I can see both sides of this, but come on...134 pic of only the outside detail?

On this thread in question there was not one pic of any other part of the car.

I do think that you can show the quality of your work in less than that many pics..that`s all I`m saying:D

Beemerboy
08-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Just to make my point here is a link to a thread with over 200 pics

Talk about redundancy:huh::huh:

Big "A" Detailing: NICKSG 03 G35 Halogen Correction+Nose Wetsand 217pix - bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478793)

Stephan
08-26-2010, 09:53 AM

Big "A" Detailing: NICKSG 03 G35 Halogen Correction+Nose Wetsand 217pix - bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478793)

Wow!

The first three pics are his written notes and the next 4 pics if you put them in a flip book we could see his arm moving back and forth.

If this was on video it would be longer then Titanic was.

JaredPointer
08-26-2010, 10:11 AM
I`d have to say that`s a little over the top on the photos (i.e. multiple photos of the same thing). To each his own I suppose.

Beemerboy
08-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Wow!

The first three pics are his written notes and the next 4 pics if you put them in a flip book we could see his arm moving back and forth.

If this was on video it would be longer then Titanic was.

Titanic sank in less time than this guys review threads:rofl:rofl

And to say review is WRONG he doesn`t really explain much of what he is doing, and god help you should you criticize his thread, dude goes side ways

Ronh know well about this guy

C. Charles Hahn
08-26-2010, 05:24 PM

I can`t say what I`m thinking about that one.... this is a family-friendly forum.

:hmmm::surrender

:yikes: