PDA

View Full Version : Something fun I thought I`d share...

YNOT
07-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I`m a member of the motorburg forums which is a forum for car artists...even some big named guys in the industry, many of which are my idols...hehe.

Anyway, Motorburg is setting up a booth at the Kentucky Street Rod Nationals to showcase various car artists` work so we were asked to create our own rendition of the "Invader" or some other classic show-car and provide them a print to display. It`s a way to showcase the many different styles we all have and with any luck maybe I can land some future work from this.

So, this is my twist on the classic "Invader" and how I would have designed it...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs101.ash2/38410_478267459551_715394551_6772869_334151_n.jpg

And here`s a shot of the original car as it was back in the late 60`s...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/ChazLSmith/invader.jpg

Comments and critiques are certainly welcome although the deadline is this Friday and my final piece here is already at the sign shop being printed today so I can ship it out.

GearHead_1
07-28-2010, 01:03 PM
You are very talented. Very nice but I think you and I have had this discussion before. Anything but green. I think Mach I blue, like the one you did for me, would be a winner. :)

Premiere Auto
07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Looks good...I like how you turned it into a hardtop and added the hood/engine covers.....the front end looks to much "SPEED RACER" for me....If I could draw (just about can draw a stick figure)...I`d change the nose to be more 60`s AC COBRA style!!

But you sure did a great job drawing it out!!!

GearHead_1
07-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Looks good...I like how you turned it into a hardtop and added the hood/engine covers.....the front end looks to much "SPEED RACER" for me....If I could draw (just about can draw a stick figure)...I`d change the nose to be more 60`s AC COBRA style!!

But you sure did a great job drawing it out!!!

His rendering is square (sharp edges) there is nothing Cobra (rounded, smooth) about this particular drawing. Trying to add Cobra to the front end would be odd. Pantera? Yes. Cobra? I can`t see it.

YNOT
08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys. And Mark...this `spacey` themed thing just screamed matte black and shiny lime green to me the instant I started...so I couldn`t help myself.:rofl

Glad ya like it though.

Poorboy
08-03-2010, 11:48 AM
looks awesome as usual Tony :bigups