PDA

View Full Version : Just a Reminder

GearHead_1
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
A good sense of humor is a great thing and certainly appreciated here on DC. That said, the last little while there have been numerous posts popping up that take it just a bit over the line. No finger pointing here, I`m taking a minute here to remind the members on DC that we try to keep this site (for lack of a better description) as a G Rated site.

I`ve seen a number of recent posts that are using language that doesn`t fit that profile. It`s also important to remember that using part of a phrase and then &*%$#$ing out the rest of the phrase is still not appropriate. Bots glean this site all day long for various phrases. This is one of the ways Google links the relevant information on our site to those searching for detailing info. Some of the phrases I`ve seen used would not attract the type of reader that we desire here at DC. Please keep this in mind in future posts. Thanks for helping keep DC a site that anyone would feel comfortable reading. :rockon

C. Charles Hahn
07-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks for helping keep DC a site that anyone would feel comfortable reading. :rockon

I dunno about that.... some of the legitimate trade vernacular we use around here could be pretty uncomfortable for those not used to seeing it :surrender

:notme::gotcha:

GearHead_1
07-22-2010, 11:00 AM
I guess that`s what I`m trying to say. Can`t bring the shop home, we`re talking about responsible site vernacular here. This isn`t a gun site after all. :D