PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots on Windshield

JSFM35X
07-19-2010, 06:50 PM
I am having a rough time getting water spots of my windshield? Any ideas? I have a Flex DA, PC, orange, white, red and black pads. PB whole polish line (except Syn1) 105, 205, 4*SMR Polish and finishing compound from Simoniz pro Line.

I would love a few processes as I want to eliminate this before the weekend as i have a long drive comming up.

Ronkh
07-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Try soaking with bug squash. Then wash..... Then polish with pro polish. LET IT SIT for a while before you buff it off.

Be careful with the pro polish around the trim/black plastic etc.

mrclean81
07-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Does Pro Polish do well on glass? Im working on an entire fleet of trucks that all have DEEP water spots and scratches (which i know the scratches will never come out). Ive tryed everything from 3M compound to SSR1 with very little results. Im thinking about ordering the Griots Glass Polish kit but if Pro Polish would work I`d give it a shot.

JSFM35X
07-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Try soaking with bug squash. Then wash..... Then polish with pro polish. LET IT SIT for a while before you buff it off.

Be careful with the pro polish around the trim/black plastic etc.

Thanks bro--I am on it as soon as it stops pouring. How many passes with the PP? What pad color?

Poorboy
07-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Does Pro Polish do well on glass? Im working on an entire fleet of trucks that all have DEEP water spots and scratches (which i know the scratches will never come out). Ive tryed everything from 3M compound to SSR1 with very little results. Im thinking about ordering the Griots Glass Polish kit but if Pro Polish would work I`d give it a shot.

Bug Squash and Pro Polish are a good 1-2 punch ... I have used Pro Polish with a wool pad on glass, I think wool cleans deeper into the glass..
I also like to spread PP over the glass and let it haze first, then buff it off.

Thanks bro--I am on it as soon as it stops pouring. How many passes with the PP? What pad color?

With the flex you may need the orange pad .. I need to try a foamed wool on glass:hmmm:

mrclean81
07-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Bug Squash and Pro Polish are a good 1-2 punch ... I have used Pro Polish with a wool pad on glass, I think wool cleans deeper into the glass..
I also like to spread PP over the glass and let it haze first, then buff it off.

With the flex you may need the orange pad .. I need to try a foamed wool on glass:hmmm:

Thanks. I`ll prob give it a shot.