PDA

View Full Version : White Knight Chevy 4x4 Truck

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
07-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Today`s detail was this white Chevy 4x4...I forgot to shoot some pics of the inside but its a brand new truck so it wasn`t a lot of work on the inside.

I clayed the paint after washing, then with my orbital with a polishing pad with P-w-C

finishing pad with orbital with black hole

Finished with Ex-P by hand

Polished the rims and chrome with PB PP,bold and bright on the tires.

Ronkh
07-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Nice

mrclean81
07-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Now THATS a truck! Very nice work :)

JaredPointer
07-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Nice. :)

Stephan
07-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Looks great...nice work on those back wheel wells. How was it polishing those?

Beemerboy
07-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Now THATS a truck! Very nice work :)

A big truck

Nice. :)

Thanks

Not bad at all, they where painted and clear coated.

black bart
07-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Looks nice Dave was that for a dealer, That truck looks brand new.

Poorboy
07-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Looking good Dave :rockon

Beemerboy
07-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Looks nice Dave was that for a dealer, That truck looks brand new.

BB it was a new customer that wanted to get the truck back on top, the truck only has 19K on it but he had a dog in the truck so hair was all over.

The outside was easy, but again wanted to get the cheap dealer wax off and something better on

I dug dealer wax out of every piece of trim on it.

tuscarora dave
07-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Nice work Dave, easy on a truck like that is not so easy is it? Makes me glad I am working on a Honda Fit right now.

Mr. Clean
07-20-2010, 11:44 AM

...Not bad at all, they where painted and clear coated.

Interesting. My truck`s rear wheel wells are painted, but don`t appear to have a clear coat. I need to find the time to do a quick cleaner wax to help with cleaning as the truck gets some age on it.

Beemerboy
07-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Interesting. My truck`s rear wheel wells are painted, but don`t appear to have a clear coat. I need to find the time to do a quick cleaner wax to help with cleaning as the truck gets some age on it.

MrC

I miss read what Stephan wrote, the wells are not clear coated. On that part I just cleaned real good and left it alone, the rest of the undercarriage I used BnB on it

I was thinking he was talking about the rims

Mr. Clean
07-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Ahhhh...OK. It does sound like a good idea, clear coating that painted area though. :)

This is twice now (maybe it was you the first time also) I`ve read of using BnB on, again assumption on my part, the undercarriage suspension components. I guess for "showing off" for the customer at delivery it does make a statement or perhaps at a car show.

Beemerboy
07-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Ahhhh...OK. It does sound like a good idea, clear coating that painted area though. :)

This is twice now (maybe it was you the first time also) I`ve read of using BnB on, again assumption on my part, the undercarriage suspension components. I guess for "showing off" for the customer at delivery it does make a statement or perhaps at a car show.

The BnB on the wells really make the whole car stand out, especially with these big rigs where you can see a lot of it. I spray this on once I have applied the LSP. While that cures I start on the trim, plastics and rims..this gives it time to dry...Cool thing about BnB is it is not a dust collector.

Mr. Clean
07-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Before I get myself even more confused...:redface: You`re talking about the black plastic wheel well linings not the painted surfaces, right? What about the suspension components (ie. springs, frame rails, etc.)? I thought I had read where someone was using BnB on those components as well.

I agree that BnB is not necessarily a "dust collector". Several years ago I did a real life side-by-side test comparing BnB vs Armor-All after much ballyhooing by another detailer about the greatness of AA. BnB came out as the clear winner. That said it also isn`t going to last a real long time up underneath the vehicle.