PDA

View Full Version : Its here!

Pages : [1] 2

mrclean81
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
My long awaited Griots Polisher and LC CCS pads came today and I put them to use within minutes after getting home from work. Im so impressed with this machine. I used one my friend bought not long ago, but it wasnt mine and I didnt want to run it hard or anything. This time I really got to see what it would do, and I wasnt disappointed. I tryed my best to make the machine bog down and I couldnt do it, even when putting all my weight into it on speed 1. Im working on a huge project F250, which Im taking pics and will be doing a full write up Saturday or Sunday on it. Heres a 50/50 shot. I did wetsand and buff with my rotary before using the Griots, and the pic isnt the greatest but its hard to take good pics of white.
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/mrclean81/f250before5050.jpg

I didnt realize how ghetto my porch looks, but I have no neighbors or traffic so I can get away with it :howdy
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/mrclean81/workstation.jpg

I cant wait to see how this machine does on a nice vehical..something I havent done in a while lol

tuscarora dave
07-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Congrats!! It is always exciting getting a new polisher. I know you will be putting this machine through a lot of tough buffing cycles so I will judge my willingness to buy one on how yours holds out.

black bart
07-16-2010, 02:56 AM
Congratulations on the new polisher. :bigups

You will be like a kid with a new toy. :D

mrclean81
07-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys. There`s no doubt I`m hard on equpiment so if this thing can withstand the abuse I`ll put it through then most likely it would forever doing standard jobs. As of now, I can`t say enough good things about it.

Mr. Clean
07-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Like TD, I too will be interested in following along with your relationship with this buffer. I`ve got a rotary and a PC, but probably wouldn`t hurt to have a backup for the PC. A little more oomph to the PC power would be nice and Griot`s warranty does sweeten the pot a little. BTW, the difference in the two halves of the panel shows up on my monitor. :bigups

mrclean81
07-22-2010, 06:27 PM
:rant: Update -

:wall I was working on a truck today which makes job #3 with this polisher. Out of nowhere, it sounded like a swarm of bees, and the machine started shaking violently. Before I could turn it off, it blew oil everywhere. All over me, the polisher, the pad, the truck, everywhere. After a 10 minute session of throwing everything perishable in my shop and swearing, I took a look at it. Theres these 4 screws that hold the front end of the polisher on and they rattled out. I could prob take the entire front end of the polisher apart and get to the screws, but its less than a week old and covered by a lifetime warranty so Im not gonna risk voiding it by working on it myself. I called Griots and they wouldnt talk to me about it since i bought it from Autogeek...so now Im waiting for AG to open tomorrow.

GearHead_1
07-22-2010, 06:35 PM
I called Griots and they wouldnt talk to me about it since i bought it from Autogeek...so now Im waiting for AG to open tomorrow.
I have no doubt AG will take care of you but I think this statement says something as well.

Bunky
07-22-2010, 06:44 PM
My guess Max negotiated a special price by agreeing to support the warranty claims. This is why Griots deferred him to AG.

mrclean81
07-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Im hoping that this was something rare and the next one will be fine. It really makes me think twice about ordering the 3in Griots polisher though. Ive already been warned about their earlier attempts at it so I really dont know :(

tuscarora dave
07-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Im hoping that this was something rare and the next one will be fine. It really makes me think twice about ordering the 3in Griots polisher though. Ive already been warned about their earlier attempts at it so I really dont know :(

Get your money back and buy a flex. This is exactly what I expected to see from this thread. Sorry Nathan but I have been down this road before. I am not saying I told you so or trying to be a jerk but it just made me angry for a second when I read what happened. Nothing like being all excited and then a few days later having to feel like you do right now.

mrclean81
07-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Get your money back and buy a flex. This is exactly what I expected to see from this thread. Sorry Nathan but I have been down this road before. I am not saying I told you so or trying to be a jerk but it just made me angry for a second when I read what happened. Nothing like being all excited and then a few days later having to feel like you do right now.

I`m thinking very seriously about doing just that. The Griots polisher is powerful and does a really nice job, but its possible that its not the work horse that I need. The wife is already on me about ordering a Flex..I made the mistake once of telling her how much they are, which is why I didn`t go for it in the first place lol.

black bart
07-23-2010, 04:41 AM
OH MAN that sucks, Sorry to hear that it failed already.
IF it was me I would up-grade to a Flex.

holland_patrick
07-23-2010, 06:54 AM
I was iffie about the flex but i used it during the detail weekend and I`m sold

atkinsonair
07-23-2010, 06:59 AM
I was iffie about the flex but i used it during the detail weekend and I`m sold X2 on that one, it will be my christmas present to me this year.

mrclean81
07-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Just got off the phone with AG. They are replacing it with a new one. If this one breaks I`m definatly going with a Flex. I want to give Griots one more chance before saying their polisher is a pos because I may have been a little too aggressive with it. Now that I know its limits maybee I can make this one last.