PDA

View Full Version : Shop Vac Tricks

Dynamic_Detail
06-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Okay experienced detailers here`s a question for you because I cannot find the product anywhere.

For anyone starting off I think it can be agreed that it is much more cost effective to begin with a strong shop vac and shampoo to do interiors, HOWEVER it seems that noone has made the proper attatchment to pull up the residue left in the carpets.

I know that my 6.5hp shop vac has got the meat to do a great job on pulling however the attatchments that I have just make the job tedious. Yes I have the crevice tool and a narrow tool, but it just doesn`t cut it.

Has anyone figured out a way to jerry rig a extractor nozzle on a shop vac or even found an attatchment that will fit the shop vac?

Thanks.
-Dan

mrclean81
06-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Have you tryed the wide water attachment? They are useless in tight areas but will really bite down and suck up some water in larger areas. I`ll agree that a person don`t NEED an extractor but for a little over 100 bucks a person can get a Little Green Machine and produce some really good work with it. I`ve always loved the flexible hose and ability to get in tight areas. I can`t say that for my giant Mytee extractor.

Dynamic_Detail
06-22-2010, 06:18 PM
I haven`t tried the water attatchment yet, but I think I have one laying around so I`ll do that first. But I`m slightly interested in the Green Machine, more skeptical then anything though. I know that with detailing it seems to be a bad idea to cut corners and buy the cheaper equipment because you end up spending more money when you realize that the least expensive equipment doesn`t work haha. You aren`t the first detailer to recommend it though, when you did use it, how many times did you have to empty it, because I am impressed by the nozzle on it, looks beefy.

mrclean81
06-22-2010, 06:28 PM
They are actually very good machines for the money. In fact I still use mine if I`m doing a small job because my big one is a BIG and extreamly hard to load and unload. With any machine, its all about the solution your using. Granted the LGM don`t have anywhere near the vac power my big extractor does and I usually go back over it with my shop vac, but as for cleaning power, it will get the job done well. My one and only prob with them is small tanks. If your working on a big job you may fill and empty a couple times, but its a simple procedure and takes no time at all. For someone starting out, I think they are the best bet hands down.