PDA

View Full Version : Exterior rubber wndow trim and 1Z Einszett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege

rockford33
06-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Looking at my rubber weatherstripping around the windows, they could use some conditioning. Since I have frameless windows, a portion of the rubber is inside and a portion outside, exposed to the elements. I was about to get some 1Z Einszett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege, but a few reviews I found said it is not good for exterior rubber trim as it will run. Anyone with experiences with it for exterior rubber? Any other options? I put some 303 on them today, still have some of that left. Also have PB`s Trim Restorer somewhere in the garage. Just want to get them black(er) and supple again andI liked the look of the 1Z applicator.

Thanks,
Neil

black bart
06-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I have not used it but if I had some rather than go by what someone said I would try it on one window and see if it works.

If it runs you won`t have much to clean.

I had trim restore run down my doors after using it on the door handle the rain washed it off.
Steve said I needed to buff it but I just went back to using what I was I never bother buffing it and it don`t run.

Reddwarf
06-19-2010, 05:07 PM
I have it and have used it a number of times I like the way it applies and I`ve not had any trouble with running.

falconguy
06-25-2010, 02:13 PM
I love Klasse SG on those areas, that said i do use Gumi Pfledge, I work in aviation and use it on pressurized door seals. Often if your in a white shirt other products stain when you bump into them, like the main entrance door of a light jet. Gumi Pflegde doesnt do that for me.

I think one bottle outlasted both of my marriages.. Napa has a spray called Sil Glyde I belive, not cheaper but easy to get, its a spray to lube door and window trim. They also claim it eases window operation, cant say I go along with that.

The GP has made my BMW much more quiet with their well known bad door seals, sunroof too is a good spot to use it as well, great stuff. Get some