PDA

View Full Version : Diluting Opti-bond tire gel for bottle sprayer

rockford33
06-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Anybody had any luck diluting it 1:1 per the instructions, but using it in a regular bottle sprayer? The instructions say to use it with a spray gun, and I believe (or assume) that means using compressed air, etc. While I have a compressor, I don`t feel like dragging it out just to spray down my tires (I can see where for the pros it might be a good idea though).

I tried it in a regular sprayer, but it had a fine screen at the end of the pick-up tube, so it didn`t seem to work real well. I might have to clean out one of my almost empty sprayers (that doesn`t have a screen at the end of the tube) and give it a whirl, but didn`t want to waste any more product if others have tried and were unsuccessful.

And before you ask, my tires are very ridged (Continental ContiExtremes), and applying it like a gel was nearly impossible :wall

Thanks,
Neil

Ronkh
06-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Cut the bottom of the tube of the bottle/sprayer you have it in.

wendell jarvis
06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
That is the only way I use Opti-Bond diluted with purified water in a spray bottle...........never been big on just using Gel straight to tires, Plus I love me some Opti_Bond

lasthope05
06-13-2010, 11:47 PM
No problem using Opti-bond 1:1 in a regular spray bottle here. I`ve used it once neat and didnt like the application. Too thick and felt like I was using too much. Opti-bond was my go-to tire dressing until I started using AG Vinyl & Rubber.