PDA

View Full Version : Paint Swirls

Pages : [1] 2

Jodaddy
05-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Detailing a car with paint swirls that just will not come out! Ive hit it with SwirlX by Meguiars works charms normally but just not doing it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

nabisco shine
05-29-2010, 03:15 AM
try swirl remover and if that dont work try using dual action cleaner polish that should do it! are you using a pc/rotory or by hand?

Ronkh
05-29-2010, 07:24 AM
You`re not telling us how you`re doing it.
D/A pad color etc........

You need to be more specific. Also, type of paint or repaint.....

Lots of different factors.

JaredPointer
05-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Just going by the info you`ve given and nothing else, it sounds like you need a more aggressive polish.

Jodaddy
05-29-2010, 05:27 PM
way to many abriviations for stuff, just started getting into this stuff needing a little help, its just a buffer not a high speed or anything great.

RTexasF
05-29-2010, 06:08 PM
"Just a buffer"? what does that mean? You will need to get more specific here in order to receive proper help. You give no specifics whatsoever but expect a world of advice. It doesn`t work that way.

Ronkh
05-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Pictures?

Gus-Gus
05-29-2010, 07:49 PM
one simple question.. did you buy it from sears wally world or any other place? if so you have a polish applicator...

Jodaddy
05-30-2010, 12:30 PM
it was given to me as a gift, found out its from sears so ill assume its a polisher

Ronkh
05-30-2010, 01:13 PM
it was given to me as a gift, found out its from sears so ill assume its a polisher

Sorry to be this blunt about a gift, but..............

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj5/caystang/garbagecan_RGB.jpg

Get yourself a flex or pc. What you got won`t do much but waste electricity and get you frustrated as heck.

tuscarora dave
05-30-2010, 01:13 PM

Those machines are commonly referred to as a wax spreader by detailers and are equivalent in effectiveness as a PC (Porter Cable) style polisher with too big of a pad on it, running at maybe speed setting #2. In other words not very effective at removing swirls.

There is a thread over at Meguiars online detailing forum where a few guys try to show where one of these machines can be used to do paint correction on a car. They were able to remove light (maybe 2K grit) sanding marks in a taped off 18 inch square test spot using a wax spreader with Meguiar`s M-105 Ultra cut compound.

It is my educated belief that one of these machines would overheat and melt down before you would be able to correct the paint on an entire vehicle with it. here is the link to these guy`s showing their experiment using a wax spreader machine like the one you have. I hope this shed`s some light on your confusion. TD

A little testing/playing around! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42620)

G.T.Subie
05-30-2010, 04:37 PM
I would listen to the elders and gets better machine to help ease your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronkh
05-30-2010, 09:33 PM
I would listen to the elders and gets better machine to help ease your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elders?

G.T.Subie
05-30-2010, 10:30 PM
:rofl
elders?

Experienced?

black bart
05-31-2010, 04:17 AM
Elder sounds good to me but the true is I`m OLD. :D