PDA

View Full Version : What`s the best flooring method for an Extended Van Setup?

BlackBetty
05-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just bought an 97 E250 Van. Currently in the process of detailing it, very dirty... I`ll upload pics later. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to flooring and walls for it. I know I`ll need to attach metal plates to mount the heavy equipment to, but besides that. I`d like something that was easy to clean, yet impressive, and let`s not forget affordable.

Thanks for the advice!

mrclean81
05-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Is it just bare metal floor and walls?

BlackBetty
05-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Yes, bare metal. I`m planning on power washing them. Then I need to figure out the next step. I`m also looking for suggestions on shelves for the doors(rear and side) and walls.

mrclean81
05-13-2010, 06:16 PM
They make fitted plastic panels for the walls. Some came with them, some didn`t. They do look a lot better than the bare walls. As for the floor the fitted rubber mat is the most popular choice but I`ve seen guys get the roll on bedliner kit and do the floor in that. There are many choices in shelves but I can tell you first hand the metal ones rattle so badly you will dread driving it. If your good with woodworking, build your own. wood is the way to go it just don`t look as good as metal.

BlackBetty
05-17-2010, 08:31 PM
I think I am going to use garage floor liner. It`s about $80 for a 7.5` by 17` ribbed sheet @ Costco. Northern Tool is selling the same stuff for more than double. Still thinking about the walls. Have any ideas for repainting rusty ladder racks? I am adding pictures of the Van to my profile if you`d like to follow the progress.

njcarting1
05-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just bought an 97 E250 Van. Currently in the process of detailing it, very dirty... I`ll upload pics later. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to flooring and walls for it. I know I`ll need to attach metal plates to mount the heavy equipment to, but besides that. I`d like something that was easy to clean, yet impressive, and let`s not forget affordable.

Thanks for the advice!

Could use the spray on bed liner material on the floor/ its simple and easy. Check on the net for shelving ideas there are many, Sky`s the limit.:howdy

Scott P
05-18-2010, 12:58 PM
A spray on bedliner would be very durable and cost effective. A custom fit rubber mat would be nice as well and it would dampen sound for stuff put on top.

mrclean81
05-21-2010, 09:11 AM
I think I am going to use garage floor liner. It`s about $80 for a 7.5` by 17` ribbed sheet @ Costco. Northern Tool is selling the same stuff for more than double. Still thinking about the walls. Have any ideas for repainting rusty ladder racks? I am adding pictures of the Van to my profile if you`d like to follow the progress.

We used to take the racks off, sand the hell out of them, and shoot them with Valspar low gloss black tractor paint.