PDA

View Full Version : armor all rim protectant .

RyansAutoDetail
05-07-2010, 05:45 PM
basically over 2 weeks ago i bought this and tried it on my dads BMW rims after thorough detailing with megs hot rims wheel cleaner, heavy elbow grease and westleys tire cleaner and some APC .

sprayed a thin light coat on front and inner rim and to date it is noticable that there is less brake dust build up, you can also clearly tell that any buildup and dusting is above the surface of the rim and im certain can be wiped off with simple soap and water with a sponge ...

despite being armor all, it works i must say im impressed after almost 3 weeks !

JaredPointer
05-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Pics?

PA DETAILER
05-15-2010, 11:37 AM
i also have been hearing good things on this product. so, got a can at wally world this morning. FJ was just detailed this morning, so hit the wheels with it when i got home. applied easy. clear. from their page, with video....

Armor All - Product Detail (http://www.armorall.com/products/view_product.php?product_id=33&main_group=3&category_index=wheel)

UPDATE: notice it leaves a white film on the rims after its dry? makes them look like crap. this reminds me of a eagle one wheel protectant. same result. leaves a white film. :huh: not for me.....

http://www.autobarn.net/eagle-one-keep-clean.html

njcarting1
05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
I have never had the pleasure of using the stuff, would like to see some pics both before and after. Until then, the jury is still out..:inspector:

RyansAutoDetail
05-19-2010, 01:48 AM
i still have yet to wash my dads wheels but im pretty sure all i would need is soap and water and agitation and not a wheel cleaner ...

like you can tell the buildup is surface based and not caked to the wheel where it would have before ...

and i forgot to take pics when applied ..

Beemerboy
05-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Ryan

How about doing half the rim so that you can clearly see how it works

RyansAutoDetail
05-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Ryan

How about doing half the rim so that you can clearly see how it works

i think i will definitely do this on my soon to be GF`s car ive offered to wash and wax for her ...

and i will take pics too !