PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Ridgeline

JaredPointer
04-15-2010, 08:34 AM
End of the Line for Honda Ridgeline - MSN Autos (http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1139460)

The Ridgeline looks like it`s going away. I`ve never really been too keen on the looks of it, but as far as creature comforts go, it was pretty nice.

C. Charles Hahn
04-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Good! Was never a fan of the "unibody truck" concept anyway.

JaredPointer
04-15-2010, 10:12 AM
As an addendum: this will most likely affect some US jobs, or at least the plant about 20 minutes away from me if this happens. I believe they either produce the entire vehicle (along with the Odyssey) here in Lincoln, AL and if not the whole shebang, they do the motor and a variety of parts and panels. Given that they just discontinue the truck and don`t do anything to replace it.

hammondc
04-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I always hated that thing. I think they`d benefit from a traditional truck though.

krtoflas
04-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I have owned a Ridgeline for the last 2 years and I love it. I owned a Honda Element prior to the Ridgeline and had great luck with it. I have three children though and the Element only sat two in the back seat. When i shopped for a new vehicle I was looking for something with the same utility as the Element and the same quality.
I have no use for a large truck or heavy towing capacity. I use my truck to haul my kids riding toys to the park and to pickup detail supplies here and there.

RTexasF
04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
As a car it works very well. As a truck or tow vehicle it is a horrid failure. Rest In Peace.

Bunky
04-16-2010, 11:22 AM
To me it is what the el camino was intended for but looked more like a truck.

Mr. Clean
04-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Let`s not forget the Ford Ranchero. :)

C. Charles Hahn
04-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Thing is, the Elky/Ranchero were both more capable from a working vehicle standpoint (body-on-full-frame, RWD, V8) than the Ridgeline, and were not people-haulers by any means like the "crew cab" Ridgeline.

JaredPointer
04-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Let`s not forget the Ford Ranchero. :)I had a buddy with a Ranchero. Oxidized orange in color. Our A/C was a little electric fan he had mounted on the dash. :) Fun times.

Mr. Clean
04-16-2010, 01:36 PM
I had a buddy with a Ranchero. Oxidized orange in color. Our A/C was a little electric fan he had mounted on the dash. :) Fun times.
So essentially you had 2x50 A/C. Two windows rolled down, driving 50 mph. :) Speaking of windows rolled down...that was done by hand with a "crank". :eek:

I didn`t have a Ranchero, but preferred the looks to the El Camino. A friend back in those days (early - mid 70s) drove El Caminos he and his brothers were in the home building business together, so he actually used the bed for hauling work related items. I remember at least two of them were the same color combo, a 2-tone beige and darker brown.

Jngrbrdman
04-16-2010, 03:55 PM
As a car it works very well. As a truck or tow vehicle it is a horrid failure. Rest In Peace.

Exactly. It just didn`t seem to be very functional. I suppose it was useful to some people, but clearly not enough to survive. I never did get used to seeing those on the road. Probably because I thankfully didn`t see too many of them. I saw more of the gawd awful Aztecs on the road than the Ridgeline.