PDA

View Full Version : What I`ve been up to and how it affects Detail City

Pages : [1] 2

AutopiaAdmin
04-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Some of you may have noticed that I haven`t been online much during the past week or two. That`s because I was in the process of moving and during that time, I stopped what I was doing entirely to be with my family because my dad had to have an emergency heart procedure (stent in one artery). He`s back home and doing well now and I was able to finish moving.

So where did I move to? A few months back, I had the opportunity to take over ownership here at Detail City. The thing is, I was working at Autogeek/Palm Beach Motoring Accessories when this opportunity arose and I decided to leave to devote more time at Detail City as well as pursue employment in a different industry.

The thing is, Autogeek is such a great career for me and Max and the entire staff are great friends of mine, leaving wasn`t the right thing to do. Of course we stayed in contact after I left as they are a sponsor here at Detail City and as Detail Fest 5 was approaching, I was able to come over and volunteer for the entire weekend. It was a great time, it was good catching up with everyone and I realized that this is the place for me to be. Max and I sat down to chat and before you know it, I`m packing my bags and heading back to Autogeek. I realized that there was no reason that I could not do both. Max is flexible and has offered his full support.

I just wanted to address how this will impact Detail City. First, I`m the sole owner of Detail City and have not sold it. Autogeek is a major sponsor here in the same way that they sponsor Autopia and the BMW and Corvette forums, but Detail City decisions are made by me and the moderators.

I want to stress that Detail City will continue to be an open forum. What that means is that all products can be discussed here by members with no censorship from advertisers or sponsors. So don`t worry about the brand when talking about products, I just want you talking. Of course, the rules continue to apply so this doesn`t apply to spammers.

So I`m back, unpacked and ready to go to work. Please continue to give me feedback and enjoy the forum and online friends.

RANDAL
04-12-2010, 07:10 AM
I thought you could have just been renamed AUTOGEEK WEST/Detailcity. OK thats my rant for today I hope.

Gus-Gus
04-12-2010, 07:17 AM
can i stay in yer old place till you sell it? :)

Good to hear things are working out for you!

Ronkh
04-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Hope all goes well with your father.

sullysdetailing
04-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Glad your still part of the AG team :)

JohnHenry
04-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Good move, Dwayne!

Glad to hear your father is doing OK. Cardiac care has improved significantly since my parents were around. We`ll keep him in our prayers.

Best wishes!

Jay

Mr. Clean
04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Best wishes for your dad`s continued improvement.

Good luck with the move (household). That isn`t a task I envy at all.

Enjoy your other move (job). Always nice to find a good environment and a daily assignment you actually enjoy. Confucius say...

Ronkh
04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Go get some BBQ. (and a waitress)

AutopiaAdmin
04-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

You know what, I am in the mood for some Bono`s BBQ and some Cracker Barrel desert afterward!

Poorboy
04-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

You know what, I am in the mood for some Bono`s BBQ and some Cracker Barrel desert afterward!

I would do it in reverse ;) it jumps better that way :rofl

Mr. Clean
04-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Confucius didn`t say that! :huh:

Besides I think he`s in FL not Texas...that is if we`re talking BBQ. :D

Ronkh
04-12-2010, 02:27 PM

:cheers:

(901)
04-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Glad your Father is back at home doing well :bigups

FWIW I will keep your Family in my prayers ;)

(901)
04-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Besides I think he`s in FL not Texas...that is if we`re talking BBQ. :D

Texas bbq....:yikes:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil bit :crazy2:

Jngrbrdman
04-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I was getting nervous there for a second... SEMA in November wouldn`t be the same without Big D being there to round us up some ladies. What would we do without our Smoooooth pimp? :D Besides, we still have a movie to write, so I`m definitely glad you are still here and there.