PDA

View Full Version : Problem City

Pages : [1] 2

RTexasF
04-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Over the last month or so I can only get on this site about 40% of the time. It is only this site and it is the same problem on multiple computers. I have been trying to get on here for SIX hours today to thank folks that wished me a happy birthday on the 8th.
Below is the message that continually pops up. Initially it was every now & then but now it is a major problem every day.

(901)
04-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Can`t say that I`ve encountered that problem

How long has it been doing this

Ronkh
04-09-2010, 07:43 PM
have you cleared your cache and reloaded dc?

RTexasF
04-09-2010, 08:15 PM
How long has it been doing this

Please read the first six words of my post.

RTexasF
04-09-2010, 08:20 PM
have you cleared your cache and reloaded dc?

Yes I have. When I made the first post in this thread it did it again and I just now got back on. Once again, no problem on any other forum, website, etc. It occurs using Firefox or IE8 so it`s not the browser.

The results are the same on five different computers so it isn`t a problem on just one machine. It is indeed driving me batty.

Ronkh
04-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Are these computers at the same location?

If so re-boot your router and modem.

I had a similiar problem with one website (only one website) at an office. Reboot of modem and router fixed the problem.

shuddleston
04-09-2010, 08:43 PM
You got dial up still? Joke.

RTexasF
04-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Are these computers at the same location?

If so re-boot your router and modem.

I had a similiar problem with one website (only one website) at an office. Reboot of modem and router fixed the problem.

Yes they are, I`ll give that a try. Thank you.

(901)
04-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Please read the first six words of my post.

<<<<< :wall

Normally I quit reading a thread after the 3rd sentence :crazy2:

This is getting ridiculous. I gotta get a grip :excited:

RTexasF
04-10-2010, 07:51 PM
No worries. I do the same thing all too often.

RTexasF
04-11-2010, 07:29 PM
It turns out that all went back to normal as soon as I got rid of Fire Fox as my browser. Maybe one of these days they`ll get it right and be a true competitor.

Thanks all.

Ronkh
04-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Good
now you`ll be around more

Mr. Clean
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Yes I have. When I made the first post in this thread it did it again and I just now got back on. Once again, no problem on any other forum, website, etc. It occurs using Firefox or IE8 so it`s not the browser.
The results are the same on five different computers so it isn`t a problem on just one machine. It is indeed driving me batty.

It turns out that all went back to normal as soon as I got rid of Fire Fox as my browser. Maybe one of these days they`ll get it right and be a true competitor.

Thanks all.

Surely you didn`t think this wouldn`t slip by without a gig, did you? :D

RTexasF
04-12-2010, 05:37 AM
I realize the contradiction. It may have just been a coincidence but once I removerd FF completely (done out of desperation) all was well again. Make sense? Nope, not one bit.

Poorboy
04-12-2010, 07:10 AM
I use FF and haven`t had that problem at all, but what i did find out from a friend of mine is that every once in a while I have to delete the entire FF downloads because i can`t get on the internet at all , then I reload it again. :huh: then it seems to work just fine :crazy: