PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peak

sullysdetailing
04-09-2010, 09:34 AM
The cars change for each page you go on. The garage door opens when you go to the site with a welcoming statement. There will be a blog with how to videos and my write ups. Also the buckets will be changed and the dust pan will be removed

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/sullys_site_wscroller.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/sullys_site4.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/sullys_site3.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/sullys_site2.jpg

mrclean81
04-09-2010, 10:10 AM
That`s pretty sweet

JaredPointer
04-09-2010, 10:23 AM
This makes me think - why is it that when anyone advertises detailing (or automobile for that matter) supplies or services do they always choose to use such vehicles as those listed above? Why not use vehicles that relate more to the clientele you`ll be working with, or better yet vehicles that you`ve prepared or that have the products that you`re advertising used on them?

Maybe I am the only person in the world who thinks this way, but I get so tired of seeing the Bugatti Veyron, Lambos, and Ferarris on every auto advertisement. Those types of vehicles are just not that attractive to me.

On the flip side, I guess no one wants to see a shiny Malibu on someone`s detailing homepage either...

I think your site looks nice and fresh. Don`t take what I explained above as a knock on it, it just happened to be the first thing that popped up in my mind. I wonder that everytime I see a business card or site design and thought I`d ask.

sullysdetailing
04-09-2010, 12:09 PM
This makes me think - why is it that when anyone advertises detailing (or automobile for that matter) supplies or services do they always choose to use such vehicles as those listed above? Why not use vehicles that relate more to the clientele you`ll be working with, or better yet vehicles that you`ve prepared or that have the products that you`re advertising used on them?

Maybe I am the only person in the world who thinks this way, but I get so tired of seeing the Bugatti Veyron, Lambos, and Ferarris on every auto advertisement. Those types of vehicles are just not that attractive to me.

On the flip side, I guess no one wants to see a shiny Malibu on someone`s detailing homepage either...

I think your site looks nice and fresh. Don`t take what I explained above as a knock on it, it just happened to be the first thing that popped up in my mind. I wonder that everytime I see a business card or site design and thought I`d ask.

Car I have detailed would not look right there because they would look to real. Also there mostly all black and not all the pictures are great quality. This is the type of crowd I want to be detailing for so that is why those cars are up there :)
Pluse I have detailed all of those besides the Lambo and Bugatti Veyron

C. Charles Hahn
04-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Just throwing this out there, but I hate sites that rely far too heavily on Flash.

hammondc
04-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Just throwing this out there, but I hate sites that rely far too heavily on Flash.

oh God +++++++++1. I sorta wish flash would go away.

holland_patrick
04-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Apple Hates flash also...

Look in to a non flash version for those who use the i phone,I pad,i touch

sullysdetailing
04-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Guys Guys Guys, It is not flash. My buddy made the layout on PS CS3 and CS4 and is hand coding it himself. He has an apple himself and hates flash. We are making the website so it can be viewed with ease no matter what computer you are using PC or Apple

GearHead_1
04-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Shawn, If I were looking for a detailer, I think your disclaimer on the front page might stop me from looking any further. If you must say this put it on your services list page only.

C. Charles Hahn
04-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Shawn, If I were looking for a detailer, I think your disclaimer on the front page might stop me from looking any further. If you must say this put it on your services list page only.

Agreed! And watch the grammar/spelling in your site copy :howdy

sullysdetailing
04-11-2010, 04:38 PM
The site is getting written by a writer :)

JaredPointer
04-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Looking at that disclaimer, it appears you`d never be liable for any damages at all.... Not sure how "warm and fuzzy" that would make me feel as a potential customer.

GearHead_1
04-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Looking at that disclaimer, it appears you`d never be liable for any damages at all.... Not sure how "warm and fuzzy" that would make me feel as a potential customer.

Yeah, that`s what I was trying to say. My point is this is not something you want to focus attention on before someone even gets a chance to know you. Sell the positives (we will), don`t magnify the negatives (we won`t). The fact that I even commented on this just goes to show you that people will read it.