PDA

View Full Version : Minimum temp for S&W

black bart
03-27-2010, 08:45 AM
I normally set the thermostat at 65 when working in the garage and as long as I`m moving I stay warm but today I used PB-S&W to freshen the Explorer and I thought that since it would only take 15 or 20 minutes I just left the temp at 52F.

I think this is the low limit of this product working well.
I noticed it took more wiping it kept wanting to leave a haze but after more than normal buffing it looks good.

I`m not saying you could not use it at near freezing temps but it sure works better when it is 60F or more.

Some of this may also be that I apply it heavy I would rather use more product than marr the finish.

I also had about 20 percent S&G mixed in with it so that may make a difference.
Anyone else notice this.
I have noticed the same thing while using DG-AW warmer is better.

Poorboy
03-27-2010, 09:09 AM
I`ve used it around freezing but you have to use less ... like it says on the directions "The less you use the easier and better the results will be" ;)

black bart
03-27-2010, 09:33 AM
I`ve used it around freezing but you have to use less ... like it says on the directions "The less you use the easier and better the results will be" ;)What about paint marring I`m afraid to use a mist like I do when a car is nearly clean only slight dust.

Poorboy
03-27-2010, 10:08 AM
What about paint marring I`m afraid to use a mist like I do when a car is nearly clean only slight dust.

just remember it is Spray and Wipe not rub and let the product and the microfiber do the work ... use no pressure and you will not marr ;)

njcarting1
03-27-2010, 02:03 PM
I used the stuff here today at outside temp of 36 and sunny. It was a charm no problems, and yes no hard pressure while wiping. :bigups

black bart
03-27-2010, 02:16 PM
I used the stuff here today at outside temp of 36 and sunny. It was a charm no problems, and yes no hard pressure while wiping. :bigupsI don`t use hard pressure but I do wipe it probably 10 times in one spot before the haze disappears.

When it is warmer like above 60 it wipes better.
My point is not that you can not use it in freezing temp but it works much better if it is above 50F but so do a lot of other products.

tuscarora dave
03-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I am about to find out how it works in 45 degree weather. gonna put liquid Souveran sample over it.

Mr. Clean
03-27-2010, 03:23 PM
I normally set the thermostat at 65 when working in the garage and as long as I`m moving I stay warm but today I used PB-S&W to freshen the Explorer and I thought that since it would only take 15 or 20 minutes I just left the temp at 52F.

I think this is the low limit of this product working well.
I noticed it took more wiping it kept wanting to leave a haze but after more than normal buffing it looks good.
I`m not saying you could not use it at near freezing temps but it sure works better when it is 60F or more.

Some of this may also be that I apply it heavy I would rather use more product than marr the finish.

I also had about 20 percent S&G mixed in with it so that may make a difference.
Anyone else notice this.
I have noticed the same thing while using DG-AW warmer is better.
Yes, I`ve noticed it as well, and IME temps even higher than 60 seem better.

I`ve used it around freezing but you have to use less ... like it says on the directions "The less you use the easier and better the results will be" ;)

just remember it is Spray and Wipe not rub and let the product and the microfiber do the work ... use no pressure and you will not marr ;)

You know even after all the years of use, using less isn`t exactly intuitive. Letting the product work is defintely the ticket, but that usually means an extra squirt. :)

I don`t use hard pressure but I do wipe it probably 10 times in one spot before the haze disappears.

When it is warmer like above 60 it wipes better.
My point is not that you can not use it in freezing temp but it works much better if it is above 50F but so do a lot of other products.
I agree with the warm temps making the product easier to remove.

black bart
03-27-2010, 04:06 PM
I am about to find out how it works in 45 degree weather. gonna put liquid Souveran sample over it.I`m sure it will work but if you had a place to do it inside it would be easier.