PDA

View Full Version : Boy i screwed up

black bart
03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
I have a large cardboard box that I throw my MF towels in when they are dirty.

I dumped them in the washer and did not notice a cotton towel in with them.

I have no idea how it got in their it was from a 12 pack from Wal-Mart I buy them for wheels and fender wells then throw them away.

These towels are cheap enough that I never wash them just throw them away.

I now have about 30 towels with lint they leave lint on glass or paint so will washing them cure this or are these towels ruined.

I plan on rewashing them to see but I have never had this problem before anyone have experience with removing lint from MF towels.

pentatonicminor
03-23-2010, 05:19 PM
I`ve done this more than a few times... Did it once this week too. :wall I`ve had good luck with sending them through the washer again and a double trip through the dryer... You may not need a second dry, but my dryer`s considerably older than I am and is a bit finicky. Just about everything needs the extra spin anymore.

mrclean81
03-23-2010, 05:44 PM
If the lint is thick enough it may never come compleatly out. I`ve dropped mf towels in the yard and got leafs, twigs, etc in them that couldn`t even be picked out by hand. At least its lint and not something that would destroy a paintjob. Chances are they will come clean.

Beemerboy
03-23-2010, 05:47 PM
BB

I`ve done the same thing, rewash them, it might take two more washing but it comes out and your MFT will come back just fine

black bart
03-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys makes me feel better to know I`m not the only one who has done this.

The lint is not bad it is so small that it is hard to see but I noticed it on the glass.
I will wash them again and see what happens.
My dryer has a air fluff setting maybe if I give them a long run on that I can blow the lint off.

(901)
03-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Uhh, BB what your gonna wanna do in a situation like this is box those m/f`s up and send them to me :love:

I will dispose of them properly :bigups

JaredPointer
03-23-2010, 07:22 PM
What about a lint roller or a fine tooth comb? I know my son has a small fine toothed comb I have though about trying for various uses, and this might work. Just taking a stab...

black bart
03-23-2010, 08:19 PM
What about a lint roller or a fine tooth comb? I know my son has a small fine toothed comb I have though about trying for various uses, and this might work. Just taking a stab...The roller may work and I have one of those.
The lint is much too small for a comb this stuff is so small it can just barley be seen on glass.
I think I will try washing first if that don`t work will try something else.

What I`m seeing may be tiny particles from the towel they are getting old.